Thread: How to get it so that my pelts don't rot

Default How to get it so that my pelts don't rot

Me and friends of mine are big hunters and when we get a buck coyote or any 4 legged scour we try to get the pelts for a "trophy" but the pelts keep on rotting how do you prepare a pelt so that it doesn't rot.

And yes we do eat anything we kill

Quote Originally Posted by Superman52 View Post
    Me and friends of mine are big hunters and when we get a buck coyote or any 4 legged scour we try to get the pelts for a "trophy" but the pelts keep on rotting how do you prepare a pelt so that it doesn't rot.

And yes we do eat anything we kill
    How old are you? and why would you eat a coyote.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

are you skinning cased? if so what are you using for a stretcher? wire or wood?

Well we don't eat the coyotes that is just when they are around scaring the turkeys and other game. I'm 13 but our dads usually help us and mine is new to it like me.

What exactly are you doing with the pelts you take?

Try this link its a basic guide to tanning. http://autonomecollective.org/ollie/...ides-PRINT.pdf
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Much respect to those that do this more than a couple of times. Talk about hard work! wowza
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mysurvivalspot?feature=mhee
    www.mysurvivalspot.com

Are you getting all the flesh off of the inside? a salt brine solution is often "dabbed on'. Some like to wipe off the excess, others say it does no harm to leave it on the hide, if not greatly excessive amounts of it.