Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duplicate Post....................My Rant about forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by intothenew View Post
    That depends on the metric you use. If you use the post count metric, I think this forum is largely comprised of "saint" members posting political, social, and economic jibberish.

But this site is, or should be.

And I doubt the latest conspiracy theory is in the top ten. If you want to know what people come here and search for, go to the main page and click where it says how many people are online, shows what there doing. seems eearlier to day 12 people were looking at the cold steel shovel thread, and how to snare a deer for a knife kill was very popular.

This is an International board, one of the many things that keeps me here. Your government has nothing to do with the physics of wilderness survival world wide.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

That is not being prepared, you should dress for the crash, not the ride. You need some training.

Get a grip folks. The "saints" need to show it over, and over, and over. The grasshoppers need to practice/show it over, and over, and over. How many have participated in the Skills/Preparedness Challenges?
    I don't live in the wilderness , I play in the wilderness, I don't plan on running off to the wilderness if the SHTF, But knowing wilderness and primitive survival techniques is a smart Idea no matter where you live, I love the wilderness, But I also love my Cable TV, internet, A/C, Running water, Indoor plumbing, heating, you get the point. I don't practice these skills so I can run off naked into the woods, I practice them so if the shtf, I can survive. And Looking at a lot of your posts how many fall under wilderness survival !
    Last edited by welderguy; 07-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by intothenew View Post
    There is nice vented gear, I have two seasons of riding gear.
    Glad it works for you.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

SD, I am an even tempered individual, but you are way outta line. This post of yours has done nothing to improve this site. If you do not like it, leave. Don't let the door get you where the Lord split you.

As for me, I have learned alot here. Thanks to those who post meaningful threads to teach and educate.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Blog Entries

So if I got this right, it's about putting boots in the field, my field, every day? I walk everywhere by necessity. Oh and I'm camping this weekend. My pack weighs 23lb. I'm carrying that on foot, by bus, train, underground, train and bus to get to where I'm going.
    I will post a show and tell as usual. It's about time YOU did the same SD. Not all of us have wilderness on our doorstep, or even in our country.

Oh, and what natertot said.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

We can all disagree......on a variety of things. Let's just make sure it doesn't personal.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default There's a pattern here...

About once a year, could be even summertime, SD gets a bee in his bonnet.
    He has gone over his stores for a umpteenth time.
    He has bought new stuff and triple tested that.
    He has humped it for miles, dug holes and buried more crap along the way.
    He has spit shined all his guns and bought more, with enough ammo to arm every wolf, bear, moose, and their cubs.
    He has gazed upon his kingdom from his doorless outhouse and he wasn't satisfied.
    There was no woman to share this bliss with and to do some of the crap so he wouldn't have to do it all by himself.
    It is lonely at the top...but even lonelier when there's no one's head to bite off.
    Oh, but wait, all's not lost! There's WSF, a good and trusted place guaranteed to percolate looooong after a stink bomb has been thrown in.
    Better than watching TV.

So we need to cut the man some slack and play along. Soon, he'll get busy with building his watchtower and we can all get back to work of scratching a living.

Want a survival story SD? My divorce cost me most everything that was "normal" in life. I had a 300 acre playground, I made 6 figures and got to play nearly every weekend. That was hobby.. I spent a few days with my truck as my home. Survival... Real survival has relocated me to Pittsburgh. A city. I'm surviving, every day is survival. Running into the woods would be childish with the responsibilities I still have. I don't have play time to often anymore but my skills are real, my survival resume now includes dealing with people. Boots in the field is very good, my boots have a few more fields under them now. I'll bet your still looking at the same 4 walls in your cabin though...
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    We can all disagree......on a variety of things. Let's just make sure it doesn't personal.
    Too late The OP already did that.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    About once a year, could be even summertime, SD gets a bee in his bonnet.
    He has gone over his stores for a umpteenth time.
    He has bought new stuff and triple tested that.
    He has humped it for miles, dug holes and buried more crap along the way.
    He has spit shined all his guns and bought more, with enough ammo to arm every wolf, bear, moose, and their cubs.
    He has gazed upon his kingdom from his doorless outhouse and he wasn't satisfied.
    There was no woman to share this bliss with and to do some of the crap so he wouldn't have to do it all by himself.
    It is lonely at the top...but even lonelier when there's no one's head to bite off.
    Oh, but wait, all's not lost! There's WSF, a good and trusted place guaranteed to percolate looooong after a stink bomb has been thrown in.
    Better than watching TV.

So we need to cut the man some slack and play along. Soon, he'll get busy with building his watchtower and we can all get back to work of scratching a living.
    He chose his way of life no one is making him live in remote Alaska, he needs to suck it up put on his big boy pants and stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    He chose his way of life no one is making him live in remote Alaska, he needs to suck it up put on his big boy pants and stop whining.
    It could be as simple as switching to a softer grade of corn cob.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    It could be as simple as switching to a softer grade of corn cob.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! thats funny!!!!

Okay. Enough is enough. Let's give it a rest.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Okay. Enough is enough. Let's give it a rest.
    He STARTED it, Dad!!!!

Never though i'd see a post like this from you SD. Guess I haven't paid enough attention for enough time.

Good replies...especially love Kens first, sounds like you've got the resume I strive for...

What exactly is it you want to see SD? As someone said, I play in the wilderness, not live in it. I love it, and feel decently prepared to be stuck in it for a short time should that happen. Do you want me to post everything wilderness related I do, every hike, every kayak trip/overnighter? Because most wouldn't be too exciting. If something mildly cool happens, I try to post a report....

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    Never though i'd see a post like this from you SD. Guess I haven't paid enough attention for enough time.

Good replies...especially love Kens first, sounds like you've got the resume I strive for...

What exactly is it you want to see SD? As someone said, I play in the wilderness, not live in it. I love it, and feel decently prepared to be stuck in it for a short time should that happen. Do you want me to post everything wilderness related I do, every hike, every kayak trip/overnighter? Because most wouldn't be too exciting. If something mildly cool happens, I try to post a report....
    You just haven't been here long enough yet! there was a post a few years ago where SD was b!tching about avatars that were animated!!!! And pretty much the same thing as he is this time. in a nut shell if you don't live in Alaska, or spend every dime you have to go live in the middle of nowhere your not doing what he thinks this forum is all about.

You just haven't been here long enough yet! there was a post a few years ago where SD was b!tching about avatars that were animated!!!! And pretty much the same thing as he is this time. in a nut shell if you don't live in Alaska, or spend every dime you have to go live in the middle of nowhere your not doing what he thinks this forum is all about.
    What an odd outlook on life. I do what I want, not what you want....

Here, here's a video of me rappelling down a short cliff to make you feel better about not seeing enough people going out and doing anything. Not that exciting, but feel better?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6Fp...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    What an odd outlook on life. I do what I want, not what you want....

Here, here's a video of me rappelling down a short cliff to make you feel better about not seeing enough people going out and doing anything. Not that exciting, but feel better?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6Fp...ature=youtu.be
    I haven't been rappelling in a long time, I used to enjoy it and did it often when i lived in arizona.

I think I'm going to go pick blueberries tomarrah, that's if my phone don't ring and there is a emergency on the other end. Either way thoughI'll squeeze in a few hours of picking.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I haven't been rappelling in a long time, I used to enjoy it and did it often when i lived in arizona.
    Oh man, I didn't think about hitting up some terrain in AZ next time i'm down there. I'll write a report for SD when I do.

Clearly, some people can't let things go. Thread closed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel