Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4,000 gallons in 48 hours

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Is sediment and purification a problem.........I do a barrel flush and use chlorine....to treat, but is only 100 gal capacity.
    I think it depends on your local climate and setup. We don't get a lot of dust or birds, here, but other people do. We also don't have any trees around the house, and that helps a bit, too.

We go through a first flush, and then have a sediment and charcoal filter in the house. Also, we have a self-cleaning overflow, which is basically a pipe that picks up sediment fromt he bottom of the tank whenever it overflows.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/velacre...7630019884153/

Here's a photo of that:
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Living off grid - guides for the off grid lifestyle in the modern age
    Homesteading - latest updates and projects from our off grid homestead
    Flickr Photos - all of our project photos

Looks alot better then my setup. Too bad I'm too poor to rebuild mine. Tank liners up here run $2000. I'll have too touch base with you on the liners here soon.

Thanks for the info and welcome to WSF.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Looks alot better then my setup. Too bad I'm too poor to rebuild mine. Tank liners up here run $2000. I'll have too touch base with you on the liners here soon.
    you might look at pond liners for irrigation/animal water. We have bought potable tank liners ($800 shipped for 6,000 gallons) and EPDM pond liners for tanks that don't go tot the house supply. The EPDM liners are a lot cheaper, and many online services offer shipping.

It may not come out cheaper, but it would be worth looking into.
    Living off grid - guides for the off grid lifestyle in the modern age
    Homesteading - latest updates and projects from our off grid homestead
    Flickr Photos - all of our project photos

My first flush is just a pipe extension with a weep hole....works pretty well.

Strangely enough debris does build up and collects on the gutter screen....but seem to filter out a lot of dirt like an earth filter.

Small but effective for its use....shower curtains close off the porch for the shower, had a solar collector, but was small an nor very effective so added a electric water heater, fed with 12 volt sprayer pump, w/pressure switch.

Gives ya 2-1/2 gal of hot water.

Take as long of a shower as you want.....BUT you will have 2-1/2 gal. of hot water......LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27