Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello Via Cheetah Kat -Disabled Survival Group Leader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I find some of the members most welcoming, but the others? I'd diagnose them as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I'm also wondering if said individuals know how to read? Much of information I stated regarding myself is in the comments if only they read them before asking the same questions over and over. Assumptions made about the "leadership" designation is really off the mark and indicates a brain closed regarding other options available; such as I've already have a group formed and the "leadership" position was voted upon. A smart leader delegates, a smart leader listens to others who have the information that a leader may not have, a smart leader does his or her best gives disabled members of our group tasks they can complete, expertise others might not have.

Regarding the tree against the enemy. I'll swing it at them because of my IQ... Obviously I'm not serious (trying to be a social member and razz my azz right back attcha). Reread the comments as I'm getting "impatient" when the same questions are asked over and over again I've already answered. Instead of rereading, these specific individuals seem to be working for the next comedy spot to outdo the other or thinking of a "witty" reply instead of reading. Many who attack I must wonder their motivation. With my criminal profiling research (and of course I'm not referring certain individuals are of the criminal variety) which requires much forensic, criminal, and abnormal psychology, much of what one does or says starts with motivations. Be it far from me to opine the following, but some may have jealousy issues and must knock down anyone who doesn't take the position of a door mat. IMHO (NOT), there are questions answered in the profile as well as the introduction of oneself category. So I take it I'm supposed to lie? I tell it like it is, and if someone has a problem with my answers or don't bother to read them are the ones who may become a tyrant. The voting thingy I do believe is what Americans do when looking for someone to represent them in our democratic republic. The "collective" attitude reminds me of the now defunct Soviet Union. When someone has self-esteem and who is knowledgeable in many areas (SORRY, NO APOLOGY HERE! I LOVE IRONY!) must be knocked down a peg or to to ensure they don't rise above them. Now, if one has a problem with that, I guess I've made my point, eh? I do believe most of the members of the group are great, informative individuals, but the others seem to find this as their personal playground, emulating trolls under the bridge (DON'T LIKE TROLLS. THEY ARE LITTLE AND UGLY), a place to piddle around being obnoxious and have nothing to offer as far as I'm concerned. I DID mention not throwing out the baby with the bathwater. You must not have read that, too. Ho-Hum... Trees can be utilized as shelters or as adequate clubs to drag back to their cave after they've killed another Neanderthal... Now, if my comments here is what some call "socializing," I won't waste my valuable time... and it is valuable. I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and must use free time to delegate to all our members what items they thinks should be included. I think that is called "COOPERATION." The recreational reading comment was a non sequitur. My reading had nothing to do with survivalist information. I mentioned it in the intro or profile as my profession which requires research from books. Drag your clubs back to the cave and get some rest... you'll need it when I'm ready to do more "RAZZING." Gee! I'm beginning to like this!
    Kat? I know how to read. I think I do, anyway. You know what makes reading more difficult? It's when people with really high IQ's write something very long and appear to have no concept of what a paragraph is.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Default "Short Brief"s vs. Ling Novels?

"Short Briefs" vs. LONG novels"

Attorneys have the same problem as writers!

We have something in common!

We both write briefs and novels as long as the latest Shepard's edition.

Now when I write ms. I pound out first drafts asap.

It's the revision process where I work on SPAG.

I paragraph when working, but I'd hardly call this working, therefore I don't concern myself with paragraphing.

My high IQ is hardly wasted when playing.

What do you think?

Now don't ask a question if you don't know the answer.

Do I still get the plea deal your offered on the sly?

~The Door Mat, Ms. Cheetah Kat~
    Last edited by Kat; 07-27-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: SPAG issues

I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week
    Didn't you say you were a writer? Just curious but how long does it take to write a book, and with the hours you say you put into it, will the return be worth it? Maybe a career change is in order, you said you have a psych degree, lot more money in that Im betting. Just my 2 cents. I recently have only been working an average of 20 maybe 30 hours a week this is by choice so I can enjoy life, my son,and everything else I can think of and still make a comfortable living.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I'm a psychological thriller writer, but do not have a degree in that area. My degree was in political science with specialty in foreign relations.

I've research for four years before picking up the proverbial pen. I've a solid circle of influential associates, two of which are a criminal profiler and a serial killer expert, both of which are published authors in their areas of expertise. I asked both of them if they would be themselves in the first ms. As my lit agent is also an entertainment attorney, she will draw up the contract re the use of their real names, profession, and books they published.

I used to be a dance performer and instructor, but because of the disabilities, to wit: Fibromyalgia and PTSD, I had to already change my career to something I could do from home. Most writing is based upon speculation, and in this economic climate as well as the publishing world, advances are rare nowadays. I've a great idea for a creative publicity ploy my agent is excited about. I used to be a publicity agent so I've had to find angles to promote products or services. Even in writing as well as many jobs in this economy aren't for sure things, but I see this promising. If it does succeed, it will make my life more comfortable, and that is all for which I can hope. I NEED to be self-sufficient.

I've two other mss. as well in my series just in case the word got around I was disabled so folks would know I can carry a series. A book can usually be written and revised in six months. It takes me about nine. Writing was the one career left for me where I could work from home. I've always enjoyed it as a hobby all my life so it made sense. I make my own hours, I love it so much one has to drag me away from my Kat Kave (office), and I don't have a boss telling me what to do nor look over my shoulder.

I've no other responsibilities so my life is pretty much my own.

"Cheetahs are solo creatures...They don't belong in social groups like lions. They only trust themselves to stay alive. They are some of the best protectors of their cubs in the world. They teach them what they need to survive, how to hunt for prey, hide their scent, and then run for the safety of trees. When her cubs are ready, the mother cheetah lets them go...For cheetahs are solo creatures..."

I'm a psychological thriller writer, but do not have a degree in that area. My degree was in political science with specialty in foreign relations.

I've research for four years before picking up the proverbial pen. I've a solid circle of influential associates, two of which are a criminal profiler and a serial killer expert, both of which are published authors in their areas of expertise. I asked both of them if they would be themselves in the first ms. As my lit agent is also an entertainment attorney, she will draw up the contract re the use of their real names, profession, and books they published.

I used to be a dance performer and instructor, but because of the disabilities, to wit: Fibromyalgia and PTSD, I had to already change my career to something I could do from home. Most writing is based upon speculation, and in this economic climate as well as the publishing world, advances are rare nowadays. I've a great idea for a creative publicity ploy my agent is excited about. I used to be a publicity agent so I've had to find angles to promote products or services. Even in writing as well as many jobs in this economy aren't for sure things, but I see this promising. If it does succeed, it will make my life more comfortable, and that is all for which I can hope. I NEED to be self-sufficient.

I've two other mss. as well in my series just in case the word got around I was disabled so folks would know I can carry a series. A book can usually be written and revised in six months. It takes me about nine. Writing was the one career left for me where I could work from home. I've always enjoyed it as a hobby all my life so it made sense. I make my own hours, I love it so much one has to drag me away from my Kat Kave (office), and I don't have a boss telling me what to do nor look over my shoulder.

I've no other responsibilities so my life is pretty much my own.
    My bad I thought you had a Psych degree, Not trying to sound antagonistic, but isn't this statement
    I've no other responsibilities so my life is pretty much my own
    contradictory to your previous post.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Gee, Sarge,

If I preferred not to listen to your wisdom and constructive critique as stated above, would I end up on a long trip in the luggage compartment of your Greyhound? Thanks, but I think I'll pass on it as well as your ignorantia neminem excusat... I'm learning to thicken my skin as suggested. I hope you can do the same? Just some playful socialization.
    Last edited by Kat; 07-27-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: appropriate word choice

"Cheetahs are solo creatures...They don't belong in social groups like lions. They only trust themselves to stay alive. They are some of the best protectors of their cubs in the world. They teach them what they need to survive, how to hunt for prey, hide their scent, and then run for the safety of trees. When her cubs are ready, the mother cheetah lets them go...For cheetahs are solo creatures..."

RE - MY FAMILY? If so, my children are grown. I've no responsibility except personal responsibility under current circumstances. If they change, then I'd be responsible as the voted leader of the group to bug out to safety. In that, yes, I would then be responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat
    I've a solid circle of influential associates, two of which are a criminal profiler and a serial killer expert,

That's pretty cool. I'm actually a serial killer so I've probably met both of them or at least been talked about by them. I've been talked down to by everyone else, which probably explains my chosen vocation. At least the psychiatrists tell me that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

That's pretty cool. I'm actually a serial killer....
    Me, too! I've killed several boxes of Cheerios this year.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

We both write briefs and novels as long as the latest Shepard's edition.

Do I still get the plea deal your offered on the sly?
    *chuckle* I haven't written a brief since law school. Do you even know what a brief is?

I haven't offered any "plea deals," on the sly or otherwise.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I don't wear briefs. I'm more of a hong man myself.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    *chuckle* I haven't written a brief since law school. Do you even know what a brief is?

I haven't offered any "plea deals," on the sly or otherwise.
    But, you have accepted them on behalf of your client?

LOL Rick, If you ever need me to refer you to a psychiatrist in the specialty of psychopathy or some other personality disorder, I'll do it gratis. If you'd ever like to visit the PNW some day, I can suggest some body dump sites as we have the best of that world, to wit: forests, water ways, and mountains. I'd like to offer my home while you "work," but I don't think that would work out for either you nor I, but just the same, I wish you well in your endeavor, but just know this, as much as we'll have fun in this cat and mouse game, I'll still have to try to catch you... It would be jolly fun. LOL -- Kat

Well, if that's the kind of cereal killer you are, I'm in right with you, except my favorite necrophilic activity would be Rice Crispies!

RE Briefs - Yes, I've had to write them for a couple of the courses I've attended. I intended on going on to law school, but some issues arose, realistically preventing from that pursuit. RE Plea Deal - Just a joke. Okay, not a funny joke. Mea culpa...

We try to keep a handy supply of crayons and paper available. Sometimes we have to sketch out the humor for some folks.

To All My New Member Friends,

As much as this been quite fun, the Introduction thread is a distraction for me, so I won't engage any more on this thread. I don't have much time and even though I'm only an Immediate level of knowledge, I'm the only one of our group who is higher in knowledge than they (most are disabled like I). It's just a fact. I'm not attempting to glorify myself. I just have some abilities in which I engage before the disabilities hit.

I only mentioned the IQ as I have to balance the cons against the pros, and since I don't have the physicality required to be a team leader, I need to balance that with abilities I do have. I've had to research quite a bit in my professional life, so I do know how to research, do so in the most directed and efficient manner possible. Only reason mentioning IQ. Not meant to imply I'm better than anyone. If I had to place a bet on who would win in a form of martial arts, I'd be face down in a second. I mention it only to rely on the things which are my strengths, my mind, since my body is ***t.

If the Introduction section to razz is a usual type of vetting an individual, then it feels like the Spanish Inquisition and I on the opposite side of the Crusades. It's not that I'm game. It's just not the direction I want to spend a lot of time on even though it's described as socialization and razzing. I'm opting out. It's just not my "thing" as writers tend to be reclusive already.

BRB -- Guard dog needs to do Doodie Duty...

Just going "stealth," hoping the questions I need answered after reading everything has been asked by someone else.

I hope we don't meet in the wood if there is a disaster. You know I'll have to pick my family over anyone else. It's nothing personal... But my apologies ahead of time.

~Cheetah Kat~

Thank you, Rick. Needed supplies I left off the #1 Priority List! I may even use them to confuse the treasure hunters where its located, using Native American symbols. Anyway, the truth of the matter is that its a ridiculous reply to your cliched joke like hitting a hammer over one's noggin. Just sayin' and playin' along. The point is, it confuses some people, wondering if I'm that stupid. It keeps them guessing which is something out of which I get a kick like my use of the archaic even snooty proper English...truly outdated, and oh so pretentious. My real thoughts or a joke?

All this makes my hair hurt, y'all.
    (I think I might have dropped a few IQ points.)

Oh...hi and welcome, Kat!