Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Via Cheetah Kat -Disabled Survival Group Leader

Agree with previous responses - if you're looking for a place of lots of support, hand holding, and warm fuzzies, this board ain't it. If you want to learn a lot, however, you've come to the right place. I am a newbie as well! Just remember as greenhorns we have to take a little razzing from the group. It would be no different if you were joining an established group out in the field - you're gonna get picked on a little. Welcome to the forum!

I think if you'll go back and look at ALL the comments several of us openly welcomed you with no offhand comments.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just read this thread.

I feel WSF has hardened their responses a great deal since I've been a member.

Kat had a full intro, except what she left out on purpose.

Not a; "Hi, I'm a cheetah, I like survival stuff. Nice to be here"; thread as is most common.

Come on WSF. We are all angry, frustrated, and a little depressed from the onslaught of bad news assaulting us every day.

SD, if you can't find a woman, maybe you should carve one. You get more ornery every month.

Sarge, go back and read your posts in this thread. Honestly, was that a welcome mat?

Rick, look at your posts in this thread. One welcome, and a half dozen defensive posts.

The "Leader" thing.

Really? Who said a leader was the most experienced?

Leaders are rarely the experts. Leaders are the ones who can find an expert or two and utilize that expertise economically for the benefit of themselves and others. A leader is a facilitator. An engineer of interpersonal dynamics.

Experts, by and large, are arrogant pr$cks.

My observations of this clusterflop (that's the word they replaced the other with in "Heartbreak Ridge" w/Clint Eastwood) of an intro are these.

-We (WSF) attack the information we are given.
    -We are over skeptical.
    -We have a pretty close knit group. That causes a certain amount of exclusion of others.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kat- Best of luck in your endeavors. Welcome to WSF. I have family down there. Nowhere close to Seattle though, that area has so many risk factors as to make it untenable for a long term survival locale , IMO. Most of my family are there and I'm not happy about it.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Cookies and a glass of milk. That's what I suggest. If everyone here simply munched on a few good cookies with a glass of milk while they typed their posts, we'd all be in a much friendlier mood. NOBODY gets ornery when they're eating cookies, especially those Pepperidge Farm Nantucket Chocolate Chunk Cookies. And that's all I have to say about that.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

LOL. Are you serious? I had a total of 3 posts. Maybe you should re-read the thread.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Cookies and a glass of milk. That's what I suggest. If everyone here simply munched on a few good cookies with a glass of milk while they typed their posts, we'd all be in a much friendlier mood. NOBODY gets ornery when they're eating cookies, especially those Pepperidge Farm Nantucket Chocolate Chunk Cookies. And that's all I have to say about that.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

won't work for me I'm lactose intolerant.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    LOL. Are you serious? I had a total of 3 posts. Maybe you should re-read the thread.
    I think Ken, is serious Rick. need a hug to go with them cookies and milk.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Cool C,mon now...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Sarge, go back and read your posts in this thread. Honestly, was that a welcome mat?
    Kevin, I respect what you're saying and I'll answer it this way: "No, it wasn't," nor was there any intention of giving one. Like you I also read the thread including Kat's request for "account deletion." Why was that request made? Because the OP didn't like the answers to the questions asked. "Survival" is NOT a game, it's a matter of life and death. In an earlier response someone mentioned needing a "thick skin" if you are going to be a "survivor." I didn't see one. So I re-read the original post and noticed some bizarre things inserted in it and called attention to them; specifically:

Calling themselves "Cheetah" because they were "opinionated."

Stating that they had a "high IQ."

Declaring themselves a "leader" of a group that they had not yet started. The only qualifications given were not enough, in MY "opinionated" opinion to justify that conclusion.

The ambiguous remark/question about "trees" being used in defense against some enemy. (?????)

Also let's not forget this part of the OP: "I hope to be a human sponge absorbing everything members can offer and reciprocate in return." I'll say it again, if you think you're not going to like the answers, don't ask the questions. "Soak up those responses" and learn from them.....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Dave, my response was to....I was trying to answer....oh, never mind.

Blog Entries

Oh, boy. Sarge must have run out of Cookies.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Half of half a dozen? Hahaha

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Winter; 07-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Half of half a dozen? Hahaha

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I count 7 , who gets the 7th one?

There was 8...just sayin'. Anyone have a napkin?

Thank you welderguy for your welcome. I have a .38 snubby, no safety with JHP with intentions to double tap. I have a concealed weapons permit although hiding a .38 is a feat unto itself. LOL I addressed my skills perhaps in one of the replies. I guess I come from a cooperation POV; it saves time to do integral tasks needing to be done in a group setting. I intended to work as a foreign service officer b.g. in Israel for the State Dept. re proper protocol. The old quote still stand...one can get more with honey than with vinegar. We can still make our points, but do so in an appropriate manner so that the recipient of the communication focuses on the information than the delivery. Just me...

MammaBear - Thank you for the welcoming. Not interested in warm and fuzzy only information delivered as quickly as possible. What is the point of razzing? It wastes time and turns-off individuals. I'm not interested in individuals who endeavors to outdo "comments" of another individual. I thought the forum is for integral information, not a stand up comedy routine or a dressing down as if in the '. Just a sidebar to all -- Most were welcoming, but the comments and replies seems like a waste of time where the focus was more on "razzing" than information. IMHO some of the responses remind me of my college days where fraternities hazed prospective members. I just think it's pointless... I'm more interested in information than an intent to outdo one another. Yes, I'm frank in replies especially if it's pointless. I've grown as an individual when I faced challenges and am now thankful for them. Going to the rest of the board as one member suggested. I like MomaBear. I think the most fierce face down is a MomaBear who doesn't mess around. LOL

The forum is a social medium just like any other social setting. To think that a group would sit around a campfire and only offer static information is a little short sighted. The intent of any social setting is to interact and that means conveying information, humor, ideas, soundboarding, asking questions and yes, even razzing.

ha ha which is hilarious because I'm not even 5'4" and less than 120 pounds. Razzing does have a purpose - it weeds out those who are not serious. If you study sociology or cultural anthropology at all, you'll see that social groups since the dawn of time have engaged in some sort of initiation to test the mettle of new members. There is a lot of good info on this board but it's also a social avenue as well. Just take the info you want and leave the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    MammaBear - Thank you for the welcoming. Not interested in warm and fuzzy only information delivered as quickly as possible. What is the point of razzing? It wastes time and turns-off individuals. I'm not interested in individuals who endeavors to outdo "comments" of another individual. I thought the forum is for integral information, not a stand up comedy routine or a dressing down as if in the '. Just a sidebar to all -- Most were welcoming, but the comments and replies seems like a waste of time where the focus was more on "razzing" than information. IMHO some of the responses remind me of my college days where fraternities hazed prospective members. I just think it's pointless... I'm more interested in information than an intent to outdo one another. Yes, I'm frank in replies especially if it's pointless. I've grown as an individual when I faced challenges and am now thankful for them. Going to the rest of the board as one member suggested. I like MomaBear. I think the most fierce face down is a MomaBear who doesn't mess around. LOL

Blog Entries

Cool It's like this....

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Kat, your responses to the posts of others and what you state about yourself helps others on here to access your psychological side. I see you as a self declared leader of a group that you would highly endanger. I would not be surprised to hear of deaths within the group should you continue on this course. You have no "give" in you. As a leader of a group apart from the safety offered by society you could quickly turn into a despot. Leaders need to be chosen by the group, not "self-declared" by the individual that came up with the idea." Even better is a "committee." Each member would have certain skills, duties, and responsibilities within the group. One person could be chosen as a "tie-breaker" in case of a decision deadlock, but that would be it. I really don't care if you like me or not. I would never consider anything as unstable as what you've described. Again, good luck with that. If you view this post as "razzing" then that's just another indicator of an inner problem.....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I find some of the members most welcoming, but the others? I'd diagnose them as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I'm also wondering if said individuals know how to read? Much of information I stated regarding myself is in the comments if only they read them before asking the same questions over and over. Assumptions made about the "leadership" designation is really off the mark and indicates a brain closed regarding other options available; such as I've already have a group formed and the "leadership" position was voted upon. A smart leader delegates, a smart leader listens to others who have the information that a leader may not have, a smart leader does his or her best gives disabled members of our group tasks they can complete, expertise others might not have.

Regarding the tree against the enemy. I'll swing it at them because of my IQ... Obviously I'm not serious (trying to be a social member and razz my azz off). Reread the comments as I'm getting "impatient" when the same questions are asked over and over again I've already answered. Instead of rereading, these specific individuals seem to be working for the next comedy spot to outdo the other or thinking of a "witty" reply instead of reading. Many who attack I must wonder their motivation. With my criminal profiling research (and of course I'm not referring certain individuals are of the criminal variety) which requires much forensic, criminal, and abnormal psychology, much of what one does or says starts with motivations. Be it far from me to opine the following, but some may have jealousy issues and must knock down anyone who doesn't take the position of a door mat. IMHO (NOT), there are questions answered in the profile as well as the introduction of oneself category. So I take it I'm supposed to lie? I tell it like it is, and if someone has a problem with my answers or don't bother to read them are the ones who may become a tyrant. The voting thingy I do believe is what Americans do when looking for someone to represent them in our democratic republic. The "collective" attitude reminds me of the now defunct Soviet Union. When someone has self-esteem and who is knowledgeable in many areas (SORRY, NO APOLOGY HERE! I LOVE IRONY!) must be knocked down a peg or to to ensure they don't rise above them. Now, if one has a problem with that, I guess I've made my point, eh? I do believe most of the members of the group are great, informative individuals, but the others seem to find this as their personal playground, emulating trolls under the bridge (DON'T LIKE TROLLS. THEY ARE LITTLE AND UGLY), a place to piddle around being obnoxious and have nothing to offer as far as I'm concerned. I DID mention not throwing out the baby with the bathwater. You must not have read that, too. Ho-Hum... Trees can be utilized as shelters or as adequate clubs to drag back to their cave after they've killed another Neanderthal... Now, if my comments here is what some call "socializing," I won't waste my valuable time... and it is valuable. I work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and must use free time to delegate to all our members what items they thinks should be included. I think that is called "COOPERATION." The recreational reading comment was a non sequitur. My reading had nothing to do with survivalist information. I mentioned it in the intro or profile as my profession which requires research from books. Drag your clubs back to the cave and get some rest... you'll need it when I'm ready to do more "RAZZING." Gee! I'm beginning to like this!
    Last edited by Kat; 07-27-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: sounded better