Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Via Cheetah Kat -Disabled Survival Group Leader

Cool Hello Via Cheetah Kat -Disabled Survival Group Leader

Hello Fellow Survivalists. My nickname is Cheetah Kat because I'm strong and opinionated. I'd like to be as prepared as our group can be, so I'll be visiting often and asking a lot of questions, so be PREPARED! I used to think doomsday preppers as over-the-top, but not anymore. I'm concerned about our economic system as well as my region's tendency for subduction zone earthquakes. My career in writing (psychological thriller writing) also involves much coursework and research as well as a degree regarding vast areas of topics such as psychology, crime-related topics, criminal profiling, firearms, personal security issues, and the criminal mind therefore learning comes easy for me, and I need to absorb as much knowledge as I'm able as the group leader. I'm also vetting others who want to join the group, but they must be trustworthy as I'll do a criminal background check et al and they must bring their own required list of supplies as well as have requisite knowledge/abilities needed for wilderness survival. I hope to be a human sponge absorbing everything members can offer and reciprocate in return.

My Level of Experience - Intermediate

My Interests and Hobbies - Gardening, urban survival preparation, food storage, backpacking, transportation pedestrian vehicles to carry food and supplies. My guard dog, concealed weapons permit, reading textbooks for leisure of above interests, high IQ, novel creativity for thinking out of the box, learning about easy building of lean-to tree house secured against enemy invasion, but I don't know about tree house foundation structure, although researching best trees for this purpose.

Location - Greater Seattle Area, Pacific Northwest

Your Membership and Learning Objectives - Looking for like-minded, vetted individuals who bring their own required list of provisions as well as experience/training in required survival trades i.e., carpenter, sniper, hunters, security guard for perimeter security, wilderness edible plant expert, preparing animal hides, cooking, disabled family members' contribution. Everything necessary to secure survival of my family and other group members.

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

~Kat~
    Last edited by Kat; 07-21-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'd rather not disclose personal information about myself since the NSA is invading our Constitutional right to privacy
    Sorry, you're a little too late. They've already added your intro to your file.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Hello and welcome.

As far as personal information - you need not disclose anything your are not comfortable talking about, but if your goal is to attract more people to your group (good luck with that) you might need to share a bit more.

If the NSA or other types really want to know about you, then they already do. Heck - as a moderator I can see your IP address (they can see much, much more) and know that I used to live a couple of miles from where you are now about 30 years ago.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome..................Based "Only" on your introduction, it appears "ALL" of you preparations are Inside the Box thinking. Classic "book" theory survival thinking.

Hunter63, saying, Hey, and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Howdy and Welcome!

A lot of good info can be found here, CK, just be prepared for some ridicule if you don't take the time to perform some basic research. Many topics have been covered here before and some members have little patience for repeating those same discussions. A lot of like-minded folks here that do share many of your concerns. Always a good idea to be prepared for the inevitable disruptions which are most likely to come along. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Default RE NSA Invasion Of Right To Privacy

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry, you're a little too late. They've already added your intro to your file.
    "Unfortunately you are true. The FBI surely must have a fat file on me because of some activity that is legal and legitimate under the law. Sa la vie... "
    Last edited by Kat; 07-21-2013 at 05:49 AM.

"Thank you. Not really tech savvy. Yes, my post needing to form a group and not disclosing my location is contradictory. Sorry, sleep deprivation. LOL If it's possible to revise introduction, I will. I live in the Greater Seattle Area. Thank your for informing me about things I know not."
    Last edited by Kat; 07-21-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Well, I guess this is why I'm here. I need to find information about real survival techniques although I've been doing location research by going to the different areas I think might be suitable places which are not from a book. I hope I find all I need to survive in this forum.
    Last edited by Kat; 07-21-2013 at 05:50 AM.

I guess from what I read from a few individuals above, this isn't the place for questions covered repeatedly before as this becomes cumbersome for impatient members. I don't understand the need to know whether someone is a beginner, intermediate et al in the introduction form if this is a place not for beginners or intermmediates. In another reply I was mentioned as being book learned, if I'm correct, but in another one mentioned research into the basics, so I'm assuming that if not finding the basics in a book, then I must find it online and I thought that was what I was doing. Maybe I should go elsewhere to get out of the box and return when I've learned the basics. I was just hoping to save my family when the **** hits the fan and we need to bug out. Good luck in all your endeavors...

Can't find the delete account button... From a few replies, I get it. This isn't the place for me. I was just hoping to save my family when the financial disaster hits the fan and we need to bug out.
    Last edited by Kat; 07-21-2013 at 05:53 AM.

We don't delete accounts and we don't delete posts. I've restored all the ones you deleted. Leave them in place please.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I guess from what I read from a few individuals above, this isn't the place for questions covered repeatedly before as this becomes cumbersome for impatient members. I don't understand the need to know whether someone is a beginner, intermediate et al in the introduction form if this is a place not for beginners or intermmediates. In another reply I was mentioned as being book learned, if I'm correct, but in another one mentioned research into the basics, so I'm assuming that if not finding the basics in a book, then I must find it online and I thought that was what I was doing. Maybe I should go elsewhere to get out of the box and return when I've learned the basics. I was just hoping to save my family when the **** hits the fan and we need to bug out. Good luck in all your endeavors...

Can't find the delete account button... From a few replies, I get it. This isn't the place for me. I was just hoping to save my family when the financial disaster hits the fan and we need to bug out.
    Stay or go - it's entirely up to you.

As far as not understanding the suggestions on the template regarding experience......it maters (IMO) for two reasons. First - if a member signs up and starts giving advice on - let's say - wild edible plants - it would be nice to know if the individual had any experience in that arena. Second - membership experience varies from never been in the woods to been there all my life. In answering questions from members it is helpful to know the experience level so that answers can be tailored to be meaningful to that individual.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Read comments below in red.

Hello Fellow Survivalists. My nickname is Cheetah Kat because I'm strong and opinionated. Where did you find an "opinionated Cheetah?"

I'd like to be as prepared as our group can be, so I'll be visiting often and asking a lot of questions, so be PREPARED! All set!

I used to think doomsday preppers as over-the-top, but not anymore. I always thought of them as "stupid..." Still do!

I'm concerned about our economic system as well as my region's tendency for subduction zone earthquakes. My career in writing (psychological thriller writing) also involves much coursework and research as well as a degree regarding vast areas of topics such as psychology, crime-related topics, criminal profiling, firearms, personal security issues, and the criminal mind therefore learning comes easy for me, and I need to absorb as much knowledge as I'm able as the group leader. I'm also vetting others who want to join the group, but they must be trustworthy as I'll do a criminal background check et al and they must bring their own required list of supplies as well as have requisite knowledge/abilities needed for wilderness survival. I hope to be a human sponge absorbing everything members can offer and reciprocate in return. Leadership abilities require much more than academic study. Granted, as a writer of fiction you would provide recreational reading to the group. Who gets to do the criminal background check on you?

My Level of Experience - Intermediate That's all? And you're the leader?

My Interests and Hobbies - Gardening, urban survival preparation, food storage, backpacking, transportation pedestrian vehicles to carry food and supplies. My guard dog, concealed weapons permit, reading textbooks for leisure of above interests, high IQ, novel creativity for thinking out of the box, learning about easy building of lean-to tree house secured against enemy invasion, but I don't know about tree house foundation structure, although researching best trees for this purpose. How high is the guard dog's IQ? And what's this about trees securing against enemy invasion?

Location - Greater Seattle Area, Pacific Northwest

Your Membership and Learning Objectives - Looking for like-minded, vetted individuals who bring their own required list of provisions as well as experience/training in required survival trades i.e., carpenter, sniper, hunters, security guard for perimeter security, wilderness edible plant expert, preparing animal hides, cooking, disabled family members' contribution. Everything necessary to secure survival of my family and other group members. ​Good luck with that!

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

~Kat~
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Kat,
    If you do decide to look at this post again. Please do not let the crew here get you down. Lots of folks come here with very preconceived ideas about who they are, what they are, and how things should work. Most of the folks here are way more than willing to help you. But I strongly recommend you spend some time reading through the boards before you decide to kiss us good bye for good. If we hurt your feelings then ask yourself why it hurt. If you really are interested in the welfare and future of your family/loved ones then recognize the value of the expertise and experience here. FOR YOUR FAMILY Leaders must do that you know, put the group in front of self. Well, let me rephrase that, Successful leaders do that.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 07-22-2013 at 10:31 PM.

That's quite a roar there "Kat"
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Default Just Wondering About Assumpsions

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Kat,
    If you do decide to look at this post again. Please do not let the crew here get you down. Lots of folks come here with very preconceived ideas about who they are, what they are, and how things should work. Most of the folks here are way more than willing to help you. But I strongly recommend you spend some time reading through the boards before you decide to kiss us good bye for good. If we hurt your feelings then ask yourself why it hurt. If you really are interested in the welfare and future of your family/loved ones then recognize the value of the expertise and experience here. FOR YOUR FAMILY Leaders must do that you know, put the group in front of self. Well, let me rephrase that, Successful leaders do that.
    "So far I'm an Intermediate, but that doesn't mean I can't expand my skills and expertise. That is why I'm here. I found some of the comments snarky and assuming such as 'book learned.' I think individuals read too fast about the area. When I discussed that area I was referring to my profession as a writer, not as a survivalist. I'm not just book learned. I grew up on a farm, killed and butchered animals, grew vegetable and herb gardens as well as a background into natural medicinal plants and herbs, hunted and fished, hiking. As well as other survivalist techniques. I wonder why people made such quick assumptions if the goal is to reach out to folks to raise the number of members, make sure others are expertise survivalist as well as them so they can move onto higher levels."

"For an introduction section it makes me wonder why instead of being accepted and encourage, there were some who out of a need to salve wounded egos, elevate their self-esteem my putting others down, or because of gender issues, they don't believe women shouldn't be allowed, can't be leaders who strive to become the best survivalists I can be, or accidentally skipped over some important information about me or misunderstood my research having to do with my career (book-learned) and my research and the above named skills, but I won't do the same as was done to me. I don't know all of you, therefore I'd ever take the snarky road unless I got ton know you.But it seemed right out of the gate the comments were not germane to the intentions of an introduction."

"I've no understanding about some of comments re my introduction where I thought one would share their level of expertise and one's career which lends additional information that helps one read other people's motivations through my knowledge of criminal, forensic, and abnormal psychology,to vet folks who aren't members of the group, to let them pass or to shoot them if our members or supplies are in danger. I hope building a 'tree house' high above coverage would be one of the safest forms protection as well as blinds for perimeter purposes. And yes, I have a guard dog because I have PTSD which was diagnosed in 2012 because I was victimized twice in two unrelated crimes against me. If anything I've become stronger because of the home invasion, robbery and the treat to cut my throat if I called police, and they would know since they lived across the hall from me. The other incident is still ongoing. I have a stalker who is mentally ill which increased the level of danger."

"I was hoping for a 'howdy do' and a welcome to the group. I was hoping to exchange information, but what I received from some members to go on the offensive by going into attack mode. No one knows me yet, so I think it the quick assumption without knowing an individual over time isn't the way to read people, and that is a required skill to vet motivations that may mean the difference between life or death."

"So far our group is all disabled individuals because no groups would have use, so we must think out of the box to get around the disability issue, but find the best skills suited for them. If someone is better than I with leadership skills, I have no qualms about relinquishing power. This isn't about power and control over others, but the individuals best suited for the position."

"Not knowing the members yet, I stay my hand re my opinion until I get to know the members and the consistence demeanor they seems to be a habit."

"By the way, if anyone desired to join the group, by all means they can conduct a criminal background check. I never mentioned that I wouldn't as someone assumed. It's obvious to anyone with a wit of common sense to know a mutual background check is a course 101..."

"Yes, I will stick around to learn and ignore the comments that don't contribute to the group. Some just like to hear there their own blather. And know that I've assumed this, I be accused of doing the same with my novel length reply. Thank you DS Johnson. You were helpful and I appreciate it."

"Kat"

"Since my nickname is KAT, I know it seems a stretch, but KAT goes along with cheetah. The opinionated part is essentially who I am.

"Not sure the purpose of your mean-spirited demeanor. If this is humor, I don't think this is the proper place for that. IMHO"

"Actually they don't do tests on canines to determine their IQ, but my guard dog is the best trained canine I've ever met. He's protective, and knows about 100 commands both in German and in hand signals when it's important to remain stealth in dangerous circumstances."

"Unfortunately, I've forgotten the rest of your questions and comments which is quite easy to accomplish based upon your form of vetting me like a juvenile. I would suggest your grow up to provide helpful information instead of using the forum to attack new members for what reason I do not know? Really were those comments necessary or helpful? I think not. Suffice it to say, let us keep the forum about what is learned to share with the group, first-hand experiences, and specific expertise to ensure survival. Is it not important to put one's survival as well as their family the most prominent thing of all?"

Welcome to the forums.

Kat one suggestion. If you want to be done with the path your introduction has gone.. Leave it alone and ignore it. Move on and continue your participation by posting questions and adding your experiences as you can.

Have a thick skin when we ask for a bit more information. There is nothing more annoying then to spend 45 minutes posting an answer to a question only to find out they already knew that. More information gives the chance to build on what you know instead of starting all over at the beginning.

Don't be offended when you get a response to a question that includes a link to a previous discussion. I find my questions are not as original as i had thought. Many subjects have been covered multiple times. Your question may have already been covered. Many times I have read a link that I was directed to, the links have provided me with additional knowledge and I was able to continue the original discussion with more questions.

Stick around.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Kat, Howdy and welcome aboard. You said you were victimized twice in your own home by your neighbors, and have a mentally ill stalker ? is there a reason you do not consider a firearm? If I'm not mistaken Washington state is an open carry state. A guard dog is a good Idea but can fail against multiple attackers, You still have to know how to protect yourself!!!!

In your original post , I never saw mention of your skills, such as how many ways can you build a fire, how many was can you treat and filter drinking water, do you can your own food, do you garden, can or do you hunt, etc etc. these are things that tell us what we can do to help you to make suggestions or to point you to a previous post.

Take this next comment with a grain of salt, If you were offended or hurt by some of the replies here, I hate to think what you would be like with your group if someone was a smart @ss, or made a comment you didn't like. Don't take anything here personal, no one here is really that bad. I'm glad you decided to stay. Enjoy the forums, ask questions, but be prepared to not like some of the answers you get, its gonna happen.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"