Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello Via Cheetah Kat -Disabled Survival Group Leader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    But, you have accepted them on behalf of your client?
    Never. That's even worse that pooping in the water upstream from where you draw it.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Wow! I've been doing a lot of reading of the posts on the forum and the home page information, and now I'm thinking if it would not be better just to stay put in our suburban area. Or if we have enough time before some kind of "disaster" we as a predominantly disabled group can learn to survive in the wood. It looks like it would be difficult. I've a area in mind and need some honest reply to our chosen location. It's a rain forest in national park where there are few other folks to contend with and up in the foothills of a mountain range. Cold would be a factor during Winter. I did a search on disability and only found one post which was quite heartbreaking.

"Cheetahs are solo creatures...They don't belong in social groups like lions. They only trust themselves to stay alive. They are some of the best protectors of their cubs in the world. They teach them what they need to survive, how to hunt for prey, hide their scent, and then run for the safety of trees. When her cubs are ready, the mother cheetah lets them go...For cheetahs are solo creatures..."

If I'm understanding your question correctly welderguy, I work twelve hours a day, six days a week, with a forced one day off, Sunday. I'd work even then because I absolutely love my job, but I knew I'd eventually burn out (haven't in ten years). I get up a four am and "punch out" at 4pm. I have dinner at 4pm (microwave only, yum), then hit the sack at six pm. Cuz of my Fibro and PTSD, I require nine to ten hours of sleep. I think that adds up to twenty-four. I've insomnia a lot so I'm online at weird hours for a time, then hit the sack again, hoping for a few more. I know twelve hours a day is a bit much, but if I have a "down day" it will still add up to forty plus hours a week. I have to compete with "normal" peeps and keep up with them, or no one is going to believe a disabled gal can carry a series. I need to prove them wrong. A lot of stigma against disabled folks, especially those with PTSD. Not a wah wah, just a fact of life.
    Last edited by Kat; 07-31-2013 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Gosh, I need some sleep to leave out the typos!

"Cheetahs are solo creatures...They don't belong in social groups like lions. They only trust themselves to stay alive. They are some of the best protectors of their cubs in the world. They teach them what they need to survive, how to hunt for prey, hide their scent, and then run for the safety of trees. When her cubs are ready, the mother cheetah lets them go...For cheetahs are solo creatures..."

You've got it, hunter63!

BENESSE, we don't. With my insomnia it is a wonder I get two straight hours.

I've met members of MENSA. Sorry but a pretentious lot.
    Last edited by Kat; 07-31-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Type slower than my brain and left out a word. Negative. Not enough sleep.

[QUOTE=nell67;406662]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    RE Briefs - Yes, I've had to write them for a couple of the courses I've attended. I intended on going on to law school, but some issues arose, realistically preventing from that pursuit. RE Plea Deal - Just a joke. Okay, not a funny joke. Mea culpa...

THANK GOD you let Ricks mention of his hong just roll on by, PLEASE just let it keep on rolling,otherwise he will post pics, and it ain't funny, and pretty sure that some of us have suffered irreparable eye damage from the photo.....

HI< and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you for the welcome! I'd talk longer, but I'm in the middle of a witch trial, and as a defendant, I'm up next to swing from the greatest tree in which to build a bug out tree house for the survivors...

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Wow! I've been doing a lot of reading of the posts on the forum and the home page information, and now I'm thinking if it would not be better just to stay put in our suburban area. Or if we have enough time before some kind of "disaster" we as a predominantly disabled group can learn to survive in the wood. It looks like it would be difficult. I've a area in mind and need some honest reply to our chosen location. It's a rain forest in national park where there are few other folks to contend with and up in the foothills of a mountain range. Cold would be a factor during Winter. I did a search on disability and only found one post which was quite heartbreaking.
    I've spent time in the rain forest in your area. It would be very difficult for people with physical (mobility) disabilities to live for extended periods IMO.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Kat, unless you have a BOL, bugging out should be your absolute last choice. And by BOL I mean an actual structure such as a house, bunker or shelter of sorts equipped with the basics to help you survive for at least 3 months. Whether that be with friends, relatives or your own place that you've set up ahead of time.
    Bugging out is a challenge all its own, let alone for people who are dealing with additional challenges. Also remember, that you'll be dealing with hordes of people who had the same idea as you; chances are, you and your circle of friends won't be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I've spent time in the rain forest in your area. It would be very difficult for people with physical (mobility) disabilities to live for extended periods IMO.
    I was wondering the same thing. Much thickets, cold in autumn and winter. I'm even thinking just staying put with the others in the safest house and hold out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Kat, unless you have a BOL, bugging out should be your absolute last choice. And by BOL I mean an actual structure such as a house, bunker or shelter of sorts equipped with the basics to help you survive for at least 3 months. Whether that be with friends, relatives or your own place that you've set up ahead of time.
    Bugging out is a challenge all its own, let alone for people who are dealing with additional challenges. Also remember, that you'll be dealing with hordes of people who had the same idea as you; chances are, you and your circle of friends won't be alone.
    A relative lives in the boonies who is a general contractor who can be in charge of a bunker. They live on a lake, but it still considered not as isolated as we'd like. We have many firearms and ammo for those who are quite efficient.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated and has given me a good ideal

You have a number of challenges in your area that many of us don't face. A couple would certain require leaving home. A tsunami and Mt. Ranier both come to mind. Pyroclastic flows, snow melt flooding and eruption are all possibilities that should be considered in your planning.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.