Thread: Myelogram

Default Myelogram

Had one yesterday and I have to say,I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Still have a pounding pressure headache from it,and if it is still there tomorrow,I will have to go back and have a "blood patch" procedure performed.I do not want to go through that either,but if I have to,I have to.

But the good news is,as I suspected the first surgery,they did not go far enough in eliminating the problem,they removed c5-7,and put in the cage and hardware,but I have had a horrible burning pain at the base of my skull ever since it was performed,and the myelogram shows that c1-4 vertebrae also have arthritis causing a severe/significant narrowing of the foraminal opening and the spinal cord just does not have enough room to move through it without irritating the cord. Will probably have to employe a different orthopedic surgeon,as Doc Johnson will NOT look at my spine below OR above where he performed his handy work 18 months ago.

I will undergo 2 months of pain management before I go back to my neurologist,yay, a doctor who specializes in handing out pills,I want a cure, not a cover up. And no way in hell will I let them do the injections in my neck again,I have let them do that 3 times and it only exacerbated the problem.

If I do udergo surgery again,I am shooting for semester break now in December. I have a very high tolerance for pain,but the headache after yesterdays procedure coupled with the burning I already have, have been nearly unbearable for me.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

Awww, Nell. I wish I could do more than wish you a speedy recovery. Keeping you in my prayers.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Nell, I hope you find an excellent neuro and I hope they can resolve the problems for you. There are some truly cutting edge procedures out there today that weren't available a couple of years ago. I hope your pain management doc finds the right combination of therapies for your pain as well. If you are having spinal stenosis problems then talk to your nuero about facet syndrome as well. The facets are the joints in the vertebra posterior to the spinal cord. If you are having arthritis problems around the disc then there is a good possibility your facets are affected as well. I'm sure the MRI's will show them if the problem is there. At least question them on it. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery. No one should have to deal with what you've had to deal with.

Here are a number of articles on cervical facet syndrome.

https://www.google.com/search?q=face...w=1680&bih=909
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Wow, sis, that really sucks. I had hoped no news was good news. Will put you on the list for good thoughts. Hope you get things sorted.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Good wishes and good luck.......speedy recovery.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thoughts and prayers sent. We've got to get you all healed up so you can make one of the Jamborees.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nell, sorry to hear of your pain and suffering, I'll pray is ends soon.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel very sorry for you Nell; I'll keep you in my prayers. Please don't give in to one or two doctors if progress isn't being made. The right doctors are out there but you'll have to look for them. Be sure to do all you can to take care of yourself. Best wishes and prayers, Phil.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Had one yesterday and I have to say,I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Still have a pounding pressure headache from it,and if it is still there tomorrow,I will have to go back and have a "blood patch" procedure performed.I do not want to go through that either,but if I have to,I have to.

But the good news is,as I suspected the first surgery,they did not go far enough in eliminating the problem,they removed c5-7,and put in the cage and hardware,but I have had a horrible burning pain at the base of my skull ever since it was performed,and the myelogram shows that c1-4 vertebrae also have arthritis causing a severe/significant narrowing of the foraminal opening and the spinal cord just does not have enough room to move through it without irritating the cord. Will probably have to employe a different orthopedic surgeon,as Doc Johnson will NOT look at my spine below OR above where he performed his handy work 18 months ago.

I will undergo 2 months of pain management before I go back to my neurologist,yay, a doctor who specializes in handing out pills,I want a cure, not a cover up. And no way in hell will I let them do the injections in my neck again,I have let them do that 3 times and it only exacerbated the problem.

If I do udergo surgery again,I am shooting for semester break now in December. I have a very high tolerance for pain,but the headache after yesterdays procedure coupled with the burning I already have, have been nearly unbearable for me.
    Nell I am sorry you are in so much pain. Erin, my girfriend has had neck and lower back surgery including fusions and laminectomy's. If you want a great surgeon, contact doctor Michael Healy in Toledo. He and his associates wrote the book on a lot of those procedures and he is excellent, he is the guy that all of the doctors go to when they need back and neck surgery!
    PM me if you need more information.
    Hope you get better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Thoughts and prayers sent. We've got to get you all healed up so you can make one of the Jamborees.
    Agreed ,I have been in such a funk since I had the first surgery, not been very good company. But I am NOT giving up,and NOT going to let it keep me down forever.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Sorry to hear that Nell, your in my prayers.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Sending you prayers and best wishes for a complete recovery and a pain free life!

So sorry for your pain. I will put you on our 4400 person prayer group. They are literally world wide and will be praying every hour for you. Prayers from me also inbound.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Thoughts and well wishes from me to thee.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Thank you all fr the prayers,they are very much appreciated.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)