Thread: Where can I get non-soy food

Default Where can I get non-soy food

My wife purchased some dehydrated food from www.wisefoodstorage.com. The package says "Emergency Food Supply". We tried a package of Chili Macaroni. IT IS GREAT! However, we then noticed that the package says that it contains soy, specifically textured vegetable protein (soy flour), partially hydrogenated soy bean oil and hydrolized soy bean protein. Problem is that we can not eat soy products.

Is soy in all survival foods? Does anyone else have non-soy needs? What do you do about it?
    Last edited by sofasurfer; 10-29-2013 at 04:37 AM.

I tried a sample of the Wise food and I thought it was awful but that was just me.
    I do try to avoid anything hydrogenated but I do cook with regular soy bean oil.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

@ Sofasurfer - do you have an allergic reaction to it? If you both loved it and it did not bother you....? Soy, or textured vegetable protein is what is used in vegetarian dehydrated meals. Mountain House and other brands contain meat, but always check the label before buying.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Start storing your own long term items instead of pre packaged. Then you have what you like.
    Most Wise products are vegetarian. They do have at least one prepackaged bucket that has meat and rice.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Soy effects her hormones. We currently are buying lots of Keystone meats and potatoes and veggies. Need to get more variety though. Need to try different types like canned, freeze dried, dehydrated, etc. I am vary impressed with the chili macaroni but...the soy!