Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Naked and Afraid....show

Quote Originally Posted by letslearntogether47 View Post
    Bump:

I would like to see 2 very skilled survivalist take on this challenge just once.
    I mean extremely skilled. Love to see if they would not only survive but thrive.
    of course they would, but the show (from what I have read) is to entertain millions of couch potatoes, who never set foot in the outdoors, by showing ordinary people, with a few outdoor skills fail dismally. You also have to remember, in some countries, local laws prohibit killing certain things, so there go's 90% of your possible protein sources for a TV show. Imagine seeing an Aussie 'naked and afraid' where wallabies are killed and eaten, or snakes or goannas etc. You'd get a jail term for that, unless you had black skin.(Abo)

yet that is the sort of easy pickings a person with half a brain could be eating in a REAL survival situation. Down this way, we are not even allowed to interfere with native roadkill, even if you see a Kangaroo freshly hit by a car. Fortunatly, most bushies realise what happens out bush, stays out bush, but it certainly could never be filmed for public TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    What did you watch? The one I watched came on at 10PM EST and was filmed in the everglades.
    That was the one I saw a little later.....guy seemed to have some decent skills,.... she was doing Ok till sickness took her out.
    Little gung ho on the gater hunting.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That was the one I saw a little later.....guy seemed to have some decent skills,.... she was doing Ok till sickness took her out.
    Little gung ho on the gater hunting.....
    The one that was on at 9pm must have been a repeat. Had a very attractive blonde( Honora Bowden)with a rocking body that got really sick and had to leave. She did some serious biothing at the guy. Was a desert with fresh water ponds here and there. Palm tree and not much more. The Everglades episode was on at 10.
    Last edited by letslearntogether47; 04-20-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Barring some accident or immediate illness (like appendicitis) anyone should be able to survive a week. Even if they had bad water to drink. After that week things might get a bit dicey but none of us will starve to death in a week.
    A week is BS if I have water,,, uh,,, Next fall, anybody wanna go? November or so?

You, uh....You're inviting guys to go camping naked? It's gotta be a Florida thing. On the list!

I can't figure out where they were. Water lettuce and armored cats aren't usual around the glades cypress that look like that. Some of the shots were definitely major canals. But, the big cypress buttresses with shallow water has to be a private spot.

I just can't watch that show.

Buncha woosies. If I'm not afraid of Sam naked, There's really no reason to be afraid of me...

oh BTW. He'll be carrying... I might be too.
    Last edited by madmax; 04-25-2015 at 08:13 PM.