Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naked and Afraid....show

Default Naked and Afraid....show

Caught an episode of Naked and Afraid.....
    Man and women are left in Costa rica,..... Naked for 21 days......Do have a fire steel and machete....that's it.
    Actually pretty real, but not a lot of skills demonstrated.....just 2 people living and starving for 21 days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...loitative.html

Then again, maybe not.....
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wers-told.html

This was the show that had a producer get snake bit, and nearly lost his foot.....

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/02/foot-r...to-snake-bite/
    Last edited by hunter63; 06-27-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: splin'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

He was also given a space blanket at night because they were afraid he would suffer from hypothermia. My opinion of him was - not much experience or skill and pretty much a butthead.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    He was also given a space blanket at night because they were afraid he would suffer from hypothermia. My opinion of him was - not much experience or skill and pretty much a butthead.
    I agree. I think she did better then he did and was surprised by the "experts' increase in his survival rating. and IMHO he whined way too much.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting display of psychological breakdown. I believe if the safety net of being monitored by the show and knowing you can quit at any time gave the guy what he needed to make it. Without that I think he may have just given up and sat down and died. The woman showed a much better ability to bounce back from the lows.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

I think the whole problem was being naked. You don't have to sit on too many rocks to want to give up. Don't even get me started on stickers.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I do believe that are people in the world that truly believe they can run away to the wilderness naked and survive.......about one a week or so..
    So for those people. give it a go....someone will film it.

thanks for the links, Hunter63, I watched the clips and decided it had some thrill factors. Gotta be a lot of hurt going on there.

http://thefemalesurvivalist.blogspot.com

In the end you find no one wins, and the race was only with yourself.

I caught the second show and I learned something.
    If you are going into the wild without any clothes and partner with a naked woman always, always wear shoes. Two shows, two guys both ended up with foot injuries.

Guys 2 women 0

I can be sympathetic with the man on the second show as I ran a cactus thorn through the side of leather cowboy boot. Pulled the thorn out, or so I thought. Two days later an infected foot, off to the doctor to get the rest of the thorn removed, a tetanus shot, some antibiotics and limped for a couple of more days. So I know he wasn't having fun.

I actually tried out for the show. They didn't accept me because they said they'd have to change the name to "Naked and Everyone Else is Afraid."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I actually tried out for the show. They didn't accept me because they said they'd have to change the name to "Naked and Everyone Else is Afraid."
    You would actually give up the thong for a TV shop??????

We could only hope.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    We could only hope.

Is this a date? I'll need dinner first.

I find it very perplexing as to why anybody would voluntarily go off onto the wilderness naked! I think it is just a rating trick because they know that everybody likes naked!

I just watched 2 episodes of this show. It's brutal. Naked, with a stranger, with only 2 pieces of gear? I'm surprised they survive 21 days. I'm not sure I would.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I just watched 2 episodes of this show. It's brutal. Naked, with a stranger, with only 2 pieces of gear? I'm surprised they survive 21 days. I'm not sure I would.
    I watched bits & Pieces of a couple of episodes and in one the naked male had injured the bottom of his foot so bad that the producer stepped in with the camera crew right behind him and they pulled him out while they treated his foot! That would never happen in a real survival situation. If it was real he'd of died. Pseudo Reality TV at it's best!....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Cool Well...

I learned something today.

It's Pseudo Reality Combat when you have an ejection seat with a parachute.

It's Pseudo Reality Science when you take a space suit with you to the ISS.

It's Pseudo Reality sport when you have a life vest.

Real men would never hear of such. All this talk of an egress plan is bologna.

I haven't watched the show, and surely will not after this enlightenment.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

I enjoyed the show.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Tell the truth....

How many guys are watching and waiting for the episode with the really attractive girl?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I still say...If I was to be stranded, neck-ed and the partner was a women.......I would want a big women, warm in winter, shade in summer.....and slower than me ..in case of predators.
    Sorry Ruth......

I though that Africa episode was better...and show you how fast thing can go to heck just with a thorn or other small wound....

All over the world there are primitive tribes that live pretty much neck-ed and do well.......of course they don't live all that long.

They are really getting desperate for ways to keep people watching these kinds of shows. I still can't understand why the producers don't want to go a DIY type series about urban and hobby farms. I came up with 4 pages worth of shows covering everything from aquaponics, beekeeping and canning to well drilling and wine making. I'm still hoping there is a production company out there that would like to produce a show like this and would let me be their technicial advisor.