Thread: Looking for Online Course Sources

Default Looking for Online Course Sources

Anyone know of any sites that has online classes for wilderness skills?
    Bill Adams
    CIO - Go Time Survival
    www.gotimesurvival.com

I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Why would you want an online wilderness survival course? wouldnt getting out in nature and learning be more fun and more informative? Stick around here for a while ill bet youll learn a lot, better than any online class!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Just for research purposes, growing up in rural Montana and 10 years of field deployments gave me all the wilderness fun I need
    Bill Adams
    CIO - Go Time Survival
    www.gotimesurvival.com

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by weajr View Post
    Just for research purposes, growing up in rural Montana and 10 years of field deployments gave me all the wilderness fun I need
    LOL that I can understand!

Youtube has videos on anything you can imagine.

Are you planning on launching some courses at your website?
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thanks Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Are you planning on launching some courses at your website?
    That's kinda what I was thinking....so is this the place where you put in the advertisement for the courses you are selling?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I work for Alderleaf Wilderness College, a survival school in western Washington. We don't offer online courses (every survival skill has to be practiced first hand) but we do have an extensive archive of free wilderness survival articles and how-to guides. They can be found at **********

Forum sites like this one are a great resource as well. Good place to get free feedback and instruction. If you are interested in doing a home-study course there is the Kamana naturalist training program. Not survival skill focused per se, but knowing your plants and animals (and their habits) is a core skill in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rick; 08-26-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: removed link
    Alderleaf Wilderness College - Where wilderness wisdom from the past creates solutions for the future
    wildernesscollege.com