Thread: SAM Junctional Tourniquet

Default SAM Junctional Tourniquet

As soon as I can afford one for my personal bag im all over it!! This thing is tough. check out the tourcher test they put this thing thru.

http://sammedical.com/sam_junctional_tourniquet.html
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I would highly recommend against using one of these. So called "pelvic girdles" are only useful in one particular type of pelvic fracture (open book fracture), which can only be diagnosed with x-ray. In other types of fractures applying pressure to the pelvis can lacerate several large blood vessels and cause the patient to bleed to death rather quickly.

Plus, a blanket/sheet tied around the pelvis serves the same purpose and is much cheaper.

Just my $.02
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead; Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina