Thread: If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger!

Banned

Default If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger!

As the story behind the NSA leaks continues to unfold, please keep in mind that Edward Snowden had a very brief window to get his message out to America and the world. While he may have planted stories or substantiating documentation with third parties or reporters, I doubt he'll be given another shot at personally communicating his side of the story. In fact his disappearance from a Hong Kong hotel could very well mean he has already been apprehended by the authorities. There are too many unknowns here that likely stray into the "national security" protected domain. As with so much else in Washington, we may never know the whole truth.

What I have noticed in those who are now condemning his actions is a consistent attack upon his brief time within the program or his lack of educational pedigree. He had to pass thorough background checks and vetting just to get the job. His credentials are bonafide. An attack of the messenger rather than his message that this program has been implemented without the knowledge and consent of the American electorate or even the full Congress. The appearance that some clandestine court is operating well outside of the constraints of the US Constitution should be shocking to us all. There is no (none, zero, zilch, nada) accountability here! It screams of a tyrannical government! This exposes a broad based conspiracy across all the branches of our federal government!

Edward Snowden may not walk on water, but who among us can? Let's try to keep focused on the real news here and realize the fact that the greater the effort to discredit him as a source, the greater the likelihood that his allegations are true and accurate.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 06-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Of course the messenger is being attacked. A very effective and time honored tradition is to tear down the messenger. It not only makes him/her appear less credible but also detracts from the heart of the story. The thing his detractors forget is that they themselves have 0 credibility.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Look at what we learned about Bradley Manning's personal life and character following his contributions to wikileaks. Dispite it all, and dispite how we may feel about his actions; he was responsible for bringing an enourmous amout of transpenency to the fog of two very badly misrepresented wars.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Of course the messenger is being attacked. A very effective and time honored tradition is to tear down the messenger. It not only makes him/her appear less credible but also detracts from the heart of the story. The thing his detractors forget is that they themselves have 0 credibility.
    True, but you know there from the government there here to help us. they wouldnt lie to us or make a cover up.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

So a few polls have come out saying about 52% of Americans have no problem with the data scooping.
    That is freeing the news agencies to come at this as though it isn't a problem.
    The Constitution exists so that the minority isn't trampled by a pack of idiots.
    What part of illegal search and seizure don't they get?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I'd like to ask one of these supposed news titans that don't have a problem with the way Prism is being run........If it's no big deal, why were you so upset about the same thing happening to AP reporters and James Rosen?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It's iteresting that that seems to be the only of many polls I've seen indicadting in hat direction.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Is anyone surprised?

THIS is what happens when good people are willing to see the worst offenders in society denied the full protection of our laws simply because they "are clearly guilty of [insert name of heinous offense here]."

You either respect and observe and defend the entire Constitution and Bill of Rights for EVERY CITIZEN or you don't. When you let one inch, just one word of that document, slip away or become meaningless for anyone, you may as well tear up the whole thing.

Society has become desensitized to Constitutional violations. Do you recall me criticizing the post-bombing "lock-down" in Massachusetts? Do you think that was because I didn't want to see the Tsarnaevs captured? Do you think I shed a tear when I read of Anwar al-Awlaki death or do you think my concern was about an administration that, in all likelihood, would continue to make ever-expanding unchecked decisions to end the lives of Americans, at home or abroad?

Mold begins growing with just one spore, and that's something almost everyone can easily miss, but if you continue to ignore it once you see it, don't be surprised when your home is eventually condemned.

I've walked out of courtrooms countless times to be challenged by someone asking, "How can you stand up there and represent someone like that? How can you go home and face your family and sleep at night?" My answer has always been the same: "I'm doing it for you."
    Last edited by Ken; 06-12-2013 at 05:01 AM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Our Government is out of control. Deceit lies and murder are their way of life.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free