Thread: Frost or Frosts? The difference may kill you!

Default Frost or Frosts? The difference may kill you!

Since the late 1800s, Frosts of Sweden have been making high-quality, low-expense knives suitable for the bush in any situation. Frost Cutlery is some cheap imitation knock-off conveniently riding the coattails of Frosts by nearly plagiarizing their name. Both manufacturers make knives in the $10-30 range but only Frosts should be considered.

Take a look at the two sites and tell me Frost Cutlery is not designed to snag unwitting newcomers with shiny steel and extravagant handle design?

Frosts of Sweden
    Frost Cutlery

So if you're going to buy a survival knife and were recommended a Frosts Mora or some other model, don't think a Frost [model name here] is simply a typo. It's a cheap rip-off thats "not worth the potmetal it is stamped from" - Rat Finkenstein, BladeForums.com
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Good post, Mitch. You'll find a similar situation with knives marked Sabatier. Sabatier, made in France, makes excellent professional cutlery that you can find used by many chefs world wide. They sell for hundreds of dollars. However, there are a lot of knockoffs using the same name that same for $40 for the set. You just have to watch what you are getting and make certain it is what you think it is.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Frosts knifes and 100%, One of the best on the market, everyone i know who has one, I keep one for the house and one of smaller tasks in the bush, Never had a problem with them
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

I have both and you are corerect Mitch. I have the Frost Cutlery hedge hog and it dosen;t hold an edge very well and I had to fix the scales. It is very strong and I carried it almost every day on the farm for 2 years and it worked ok but I would not want to be in the woods with it as my only knife.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

doesn't that just frost ya? sorry, couldn't resist.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

On the same note, there have been some cheap knock-offs of the Tom Brown Jr. Tracker. There is one that looks just like it, but it says "Braun" instead of "Brown."
    Last edited by RangerXanatos; 03-26-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

so where can you pick up a FROSTS mora in america?

cold steel makes a cheap version calle the finn bear with stainless 56-58 rockwell hardness and zytel grip.

anyone use one of these?

Don't know about local to where you live, but on line there are places.

http://www.swedishknives.com/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I don't know of any place that sells them in stores, though I don't go looking for them that much, but I got 5 from http://www.ragweedforge.com and it only took a couple of days to get them from New York to Georgia.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa