Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Mora fans?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Wash a knife? Now that's just silly.
    A proper outdoor knife needs to be seasoned with the correct mixture of fish blood, chicken guts, salt water, tree sap and wood smoke - washing is not needed and may spoil the developing patina
    The Mora knives shown earlier look like they are well on their way.

Well, deer tallow does help with rust prevention......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

when I'm working around the place , I wear bib overalls , strapped on to my overalls is a Mora. Its my knife, pry bar , chipper , scrapper . It is one tough knife and priced right.

That is the problem or the curse of Mora knives - they are so useful and reasonably priced that you HAVE to get another one every time you visit the sporting goods store or check a knife catalog.

After all, they are not marketed as super ninja commando zombie killers but as useful functional tools that can be carried by hikers, environmentalists, organic farmers and other socially useful people. They also come in non-threatening designer colors that will match your decor. So you really NEED a few dozen and buying another one is good because it is on sale - you can't afford not to buy it at the bargain price.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 05-14-2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: punctuation

Ok guys, don't crucify me here, I'm asking a legit question cause I do not nor have ever owned a Mora. From what I've seen and gather, especially with the 1/8th, would not/could not a Rapalla fillet knife be a good substitute? To me they look very similar in build and at 1/8th thickness the Mora has to have a lot of flex unless there's some drastic difference in temper/a dal process.

Before spellcheck took over, "aneal" process.

Not to worry. Mora is an inexpensive knife that works well. There are many others that fit the same bill. Hultifors is another brand that is very similar to Mora and works equally as well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It's the first knife any Swede gets as a kid, most would have one or 10 knocking about the house.
    They are used everywhere, woodshop classes in schools, as the go to knife on the building sites, in your house to do feather stickes to get the fire going, in the scouts, hunters, folks who are in to bushcraft etc etc
    It was the knife we were given in the army as well.

It's well integrated in the Swedish life as it should be, better to buy local when the price is better than any other import in the same price range.

I recently got two, one for the car as a "in case i need a knife" situation, second one just to have in the garden shed. Have been carving some spoons with it, great fun!