Thread: A (perhaps surprising) medical product for your preps

Default A (perhaps surprising) medical product for your preps

So in addition to the sterile gauze I carry in my first aid kits, I also carry several tubes of superglue. I found this years ago, when I slipped on a rock and cut my hand pretty bad. We had no bandages so I washed the cut with vodka, and put superglue ontop. Best bandage ever. Completely waterproof!

That and duct tape should be in every first aid kit! Not just for fixing gear! also for fixing yourself!

Blog Entries
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Just be certain the wound is clean before sealing it. There is actually a difference in the chemical between commercial superglue and medical superglue (Dermabond). Recent studies have shown that some people can have flue like symptoms when using superglue of any kind. It can also trigger asthma attacks. Forewarned is forearmed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I use a natural "super glue" AKA balsam pitch. In my area I'm usually a arms length from a balsam tree at any given time.

here's a link explaining the wonders of balsam. Your own research and experience is required though.

http://www.americangrouch.com/2011/0...oods-five.html

Red Alder can help stick wounds together too, plus it is mildly anti-biotic/antiseptic.
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous