Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Living in the Wild Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I ordered it for Ken. It was supposed to be a surprise. Thanks.
    oooppppsss!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Oh sure. Yell fire after the cat's out of the bag. Wait...is that the right saying? Well, you know what I mean.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    oh sure. Yell fire after the cat's out of the bag. Wait...is that the right saying? Well, you know what i mean.
    lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Man I need to work less and login more! I miss all the fun on these boards.

Question... have y'all ever considered pooling some funds and buying several hundred acres of the harshest, nastiest terrain in N.A. and then directing all these types there?

Bet you'd end up with some real interesting Hunger Games action after 3 or 4 folks arrive with their big knives and 200 yd accurate bows.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddmott View Post
    Man I need to work less and login more! I miss all the fun on these boards.

Question... have y'all ever considered pooling some funds and buying several hundred acres of the harshest, nastiest terrain in N.A. and then directing all these types there?

Bet you'd end up with some real interesting Hunger Games action after 3 or 4 folks arrive with their big knives and 200 yd accurate bows.
    We would have to chage a small fee, ( squatters fee ) to make it profitable! And we would need cameras all over the property so we could make survival movies called, "survival, what not to do".

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    We would have to chage a small fee, ( squatters fee ) to make it profitable! And we would need cameras all over the property so we could make survival movies called, "survival, what not to do".
    Ya know WT you might be on to something there, wonder what we could charge someone to get there 30 somthing son out of there basement, or that know it all in law, or that PITA spouse. we could make a killing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oddmott View Post
    No way. We'd all end up getting sued by the family of some idiot that died of thirst down by the lake.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    No way. We'd all end up getting sued by the family of some idiot that died of thirst down by the lake.
    LMAO!!! so funny but so true!!!!

Live simple-Live free

Quote Originally Posted by livewildandfree View Post
    your saying it cant be done??? i have to STRONGLY disagree with that. it can be done and be done simply and effectively.
    NO! I'm not saying it can't be done.

I usually shake my head when I read the first post in threads like this. Most of these people sound like they can't organize a one-car parade down their driveways. Others need instructions and a 10" survival knife to tear off a Band-Aid wrapper. I suggest that they all strap a 300 lb. pack filled with the most important essentials they can think of onto their backs and head off as far as they can into the wild. That way, they'll never lose sight of their cars. These are the people we read about that get lost in a municipal park and need to be rescued. Yeah, I'm shaking my head.
    Honestly what difference does it make? I've been on this site for a whopping two days and my first introduction to the site was you submitting two links asking me to fill out a questionnaire and another guy calling me a spammer. I personally think a few of you (obviously I'm speaking in generality here) need to lighten the hell up. If the fella wants to get away from it all and you don't like it just move on. I hope he goes and camps his little heart out in the middle of whatever woods he deems suitable for however longs he wants. Sheesh.

yeah .. good luck with that ... try three weeks .. u be back right quickly ..!!
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SLVRBK View Post
    Honestly what difference does it make? I've been on this site for a whopping two days and my first introduction to the site was you submitting two links asking me to fill out a questionnaire and another guy calling me a spammer. I personally think a few of you (obviously I'm speaking in generality here) need to lighten the hell up. If the fella wants to get away from it all and you don't like it just move on. I hope he goes and camps his little heart out in the middle of whatever woods he deems suitable for however longs he wants. Sheesh.
    In your very first post you asked for "suggestions, ideas, etc." So I was kind enough to give you a link to another thread about the very same topic you posted on.

The second link was to our Introductions section. Another kindness, since many new members don't know it exists.

And you, as a newcomer here, with FIVE posts, now have the balls to tell ME to lighten up?

Here's another link for you: http://donkeyforum.proboards.com/
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

And you, as a newcomer here, with FIVE posts, now have the balls to tell ME to lighten up?
    By God, I believe I do. I didn't stutter in my comments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SLVRBK View Post
    By God, I believe I do. I didn't stutter in my comments.
    Neither will I. Your ape avatar says it all. You have a rotten attitude, and I don't give you long here unless that attitude changes. You've been here for two days and you're already getting confrontational with longstanding members. You'd best find yourself a good therapist before you play your games here. You're out of your league.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Sorry folks, I agree with SLVRBK on this one. You "longstanding members" are always trying to boost your internet egos by belittling others that maybe are less skilled than yourselves. Get off your high horses and show a little humility for a change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Power Giant View Post
    Sorry folks, I agree with SLVRBK on this one. You "longstanding members" are always trying to boost your internet egos by belittling others that maybe are less skilled than yourselves. Get off your high horses and show a little humility for a change.
    And THAT from a guy whose greatest contribution here was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Giant View Post
    Prostitution
    Assassination
    Bodyguard
    Gambling
    Pot Growing
    Entertaining
    Grifting
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Okay. Let's agree to disagree. It's against the rules to attack other members. If a thread is contrary to what you believe then don't go to it. If a member is bothersome to you put them on ignore. Pretty simple.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Neither will I. Your ape avatar says it all. You have a rotten attitude, and I don't give you long here unless that attitude changes. You've been here for two days and you're already getting confrontational with longstanding members. You'd best find yourself a good therapist before you play your games here. You're out of your league.
    Roger that. I will make it a priority, I'll even take my "ape" avatar with me. As far as me being out of my league, I've been to 31 countries and 6 continents and haven't found a man I'm scared of yet. Keep bullying people like "Mattius" but keep your little booger pickers off me. Have a good night, you've wasted enough of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Okay. Let's agree to disagree. It's against the rules to attack other members. If a thread is contrary to what you believe then don't go to it. If a member is bothersome to you put them on ignore. Pretty simple.
    Done. My apologies.

I've locked the thread.