Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: solar 'farms'

It would also be helpful if edible corn were not being used to create alcohol that produces less horsepower than gasoline thereby causing us to use more gasoline.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It would also be helpful if edible corn were not being used to create alcohol that produces less horsepower than gasoline thereby causing us to use more gasoline.
    Define edible.

I read the title and thought don't all farms use solar energy? Maybe not mushrooms but w/e.

However back to the OP the concept is not sustainable in the long run in terms of growth. I am am unconcerned about horizontal spread of solar farms better technologies such as spray application and green solar (use of photo receptors which are closer to plant mechanisms for solar power conversion) like many things the market dictates what is most economical and vertical growth is not only more simple in terms of land use (people dont live on walls and "farming" is harder and more costly large scale vertically.
    if researchers and developers have their way all buildings will be retrofitted with solar production production capabilities spray on or simply replacement of windows with panels. There is also a push for smaller higher efficiency arrays. Compare an array to a leaf and mother nature stomps us hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Just to clarify....the corn used for ethanol isn't edible. I do agree with the intent of your statement.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Just to clarify....the corn used for ethanol isn't edible. I do agree with the intent of your statement.
    What he said sorry if I sounded flippant.