Thread: FoodStorageAnalyzer.com

Blog Entries

Default FoodStorageAnalyzer.com

This is worth a look. You can adjust to your own supplies and get an analysis.

FoodStorageAnalyzer.com

http://beprepared.com/company/food-storage-analyzer
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

If you're "i" inclined, Prep And Pantry is awesome.
    Last edited by intothenew; 05-04-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spwellin"
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Banned

I'd be careful disclosing anything online about the real extent and/or location of your preps. After all there was a recent executive order which clearly stated big brother could sieze all of them under martial law should the need arise. Seems like this is when you would need them most to provide for you and your family. Realize that once this information is out there it is more than likely being stored on some classified database. Kept indefinitely so that it may oneday be mined for information when and if the need arises. If anything fill the internet with misleading information about such things so any effort expended to track down these ficticious stores would result in a waste of their time and resources.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 05-05-2013 at 08:33 AM.

The executive order to which you are referring to is an update to one that was issued in 1950 in preparation for the Korean War. While I am certainly no fan of the current administration, I think that this particular EO is not as troubling as many of the internet sites suggest. Here is what I believe is a rationale break down of it. http://www.thereadystore.com/current...-food-storage/

I would like to note that The Ready Store, unlike many of its competitors is not using the "fear the government" approach that many of its competitors use.

I'll also add ----> don't post anything on the internet that you don't want the rest of the world to see.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The executive order to which you are referring to is an update to one that was issued in 1950 in preparation for the Korean War. While I am certainly no fan of the current administration, I think that this particular EO is not as troubling as many of the internet sites suggest.
    I am well aware that a similar executive order has been "on the books" for some time. The administration wouldn't have gone to the trouble just to issue a duplication of an existing order. There is some reason for the newer updated version. Since most of us weren't included in this process, we can only speculate what the real underlying reason(s) might be. I believe the order includes any and all private property, so I prefer to err on the side of caution. You sir are free to err as you see fit, that's what I love about America!
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 05-05-2013 at 09:28 AM.

rationale break down
    Also, remember there was no lawful order for the confiscation of weapons during Katrina... They'll take what they want, laws be damned!

Wow. No reason to get "snippy". The original EO that was issued has been updated many times since its issuance. I certainly understand that the current POTUS signing the new update may cause concern (just as when Bush, Clinton, or any of the others that updated it). Here's something that I think is pretty important from the link I provided.
    Food resources’ also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.” (Read the Executive Order)

That last part is key. The food resources that can be distributed will be agricultural products – not market commodities – like food storage items you purchased.
    Of course, to your point - and very valid as well........
    We hope that this article has provided a little insight into the updated Executive Order. While this doesn’t necessarily expand the president’s power, it does shed light on the fact that power given is hard to take away.

Overall, it comes down to whether or not you trust the person in power.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

@ Crash - I apologize if I came off as "Snippy". That was not my intention. I just meant to convey neither of us may ever know the whole truth behind this EO. My opinion has been formed in the context of other recent EOs, government purchase contracts which seem to be militarizing various federal agencies, recent domestic military training excercises, the fiscal meltdown happening all around us, and various pieces of legislation which work to errode our constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties. To look at this order without such a context, one could easily draw a different conclusion. Hopefully this will offer a better explanation of my position on the matter.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 05-05-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not too concerned about the EO itself. Many states have adopted similar laws and regs since 1950.

What does concern me is the manner in which it could be interpreted and used if we were to have an administration that, for example, was inclined to redistribute wealth, grab our guns, and dictate what we must and cannot do.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Crash, I was only using your choice of words out of context because of the irony in the way governmental agencies have cared less for our laws in the past. Definitely nothing more than conversation.

I would just assume that if an agency knows that you have supplies. Then they determine that they want the supplies or that they don't want you to have them. If a person who appears to be in the position to give an order does so. Even people knowledgeable on the law seem to just assume that our rights have been suspended.

Seems by the time the media got around to the illegal gun grabs it would have been too late. I am equally sure that the media would wait until they had a good story about a family who had prepared for a tragedy and an agency of the government took their preps away from them. All for the greater good?

Or in short I wouldn't worry about the laws in your scenarios. Because the criminals won't nor in the past has the law enforcers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron View Post
    @ Crash - I apologize if I came off as "Snippy". That was not my intention. I just meant to convey neither of us may ever know the whole truth behind this EO. My opinion has been formed in the context of other recent EOs, government purchase contracts which seem to be militarizing various federal agencies, recent domestic military training excercises, the fiscal meltdown happening all around us, and various pieces of legislation which work to errode our constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties. To look at this order without such a context, one could easily draw a different conclusion. Hopefully this will offer a better explanation of my position on the matter.
    My apologies for reading more into your statement than you intended.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Crash, I was only using your choice of words out of context because of the irony in the way governmental agencies have cared less for our laws in the past. Definitely nothing more than conversation.

I would just assume that if an agency knows that you have supplies. Then they determine that they want the supplies or that they don't want you to have them. If a person who appears to be in the position to give an order does so. Even people knowledgeable on the law seem to just assume that our rights have been suspended.

Seems by the time the media got around to the illegal gun grabs it would have been too late. I am equally sure that the media would wait until they had a good story about a family who had prepared for a tragedy and an agency of the government took their preps away from them. All for the greater good?

Or in short I wouldn't worry about the laws in your scenarios. Because the criminals won't nor in the past has the law enforcers.
    My previous response was to Cast Iron (and I misinterpreted his statement). I certainly agree that any entity that does not give a flip about the law will feel that they can do anything they want - sort of an ends justifies the means thing. My point was not addressing the willful violation of the laws, but rather I don't believe that this EO gives the power to the government to accomplish what some think it does.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Anyone on here can be 'found'. It's as simple as serving your ISP with a warrant for your info.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Anyone on here can be 'found'. It's as simple as serving your ISP with a warrant for your info.
    Yes and if you gave someone enough reason I suspect they could track you 24/7 with any number of other technologies too. Let's also consider the possibility that some criminal element could hack information off the net for their clandestine purposes. My point was to excercise caution in divulging too many specifics about the extent and location of your preps. I think you are better off keeping it as need to know information, and in reality the fine folks on the internet don't need to know. If you're not concerned with 7+ billion people having specific knowledge about your resources than "no worries mate" chatter away.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 05-06-2013 at 02:12 PM.