Thread: Seems like a Dangerous news story

Default Seems like a Dangerous news story

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/natur...tlesnake-bite/

I'd like to know what objective data that doctor used to determine that he had sucked enough venom from his leg to save his life, I think most research has shown that they don't really do anythin except waste time that is better spent getting to help.

I know that I wasn't there and can't know for sure if it did or did not work, but if I had to guess I would say that it is much more likely that the snake didn't hit him with enough venom to be lethal.
    "When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead; Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tacmedic View Post
    I know that I wasn't there and can't know for sure if it did or did not work, but if I had to guess I would say that it is much more likely that the snake didn't hit him with enough venom to be lethal.
    I think you're right about that.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Well, since only six folks die each year, on average, from ALL snake bites it seems pretty likely he would have survived no matter what he did.

http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venom...ake_faqs.shtml
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Some times it better to be lucky than good......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

There are a few snakes in the desert that will ruin your whole day. Luckily, I have never been bitten, I have been known to cook a few though. Watch where you put your feet, and wear good boots has always been my process. I don't know about this Doctor though, I think the calming himself was the best thing he could do though.