Thread: BWCA canoing fishing trip weather help

Default BWCA canoing fishing trip weather help

I'm heading up to the BWCA in Northern Minnesota for a fishing trip. Will be leaving May 11 and plan on staying a long week. I know from past trips that the weather is normally cold but there isn't any ice or bugs. But with the crazy weather we are having and what I've seen on the weather forecast up there I'm getting worried. So I'm wondering are the lakes still frozen and is there still snow on the ground. Anyone up there with some first hand knowledge sure would be appreciated.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free

No experience, but you better have pictures. I want to see what you did. I am jealous.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Well I got some info still got 24 inches of ice on Sawbill lake. So I will have to delay my trip by 1 or 2 weeks I'm thinking. will have lots of pics for sure.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free

Ice is out in Algonquin Park, so if it's not out yet in the BWCA, it should be very very shortly. Your best bet is to just contact the park and ask them if it's ice-out in the park yet.
    Have a great time.
    - Martin
    No one has ever been heard to say on a deathbed, "I wish I'd put in more time at the office."