Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Budget Concerns & Tips

Donations to your church are tax deductible. Don't forget to do this many people don't bother

It may be beneficial to do a long form for your taxes, many don't as it costs more and seems troublesome but even conservative deductions can add up quickly.

Also Child care is another one people often forget.

I withhold as single 0, I have 3 children but I still and I'm married. Some people cringe when I say this but that .25% interest in a saving account, I can dip into when things get a tiny bit tight, is just to easy to get at. Its my way of forcing myself to save I also don't have to worry about any bank fees. I have also never run into problems with my 1040 form either (For work done beyond my 9-5 job) even though I don't make quarterly payments to the IRS, like a good little self employed person should.

Also for those who are divorced look to the situation and ask your tax adviser which parent is better off claiming any children. Many times The higher earning parent will simply claim a child when in fact the lower earning parent would be entitled to credits and deductions which would net a greater savings/ return.

Bias Alert!
    Mediation is often cheaper than legal costs associated with normal court proceedings. A Good mediator will be able to draft a memo of understanding which any lawyer could easily convert into a contract, or which can be easily prepared and submitted to a court.

Legal Aide Society
    ACCORD

Two very good resources for help in both the legal and mediation fields.
    Allowing a bad claim to run against you can be the biggest budgeting mistake you can make.

Edit: Spent a big part of my day going over this stuff with people who should of known this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlastink View Post
    Not to try and berate you or anything but, The very principle of paying some one to reduce your debt unless they are taking a very insignificant fee is counter to the plan of getting out of debt.

If anything I said was unclear please ask me to clarify.

Nothing unclear David, you simply assumed that I was only talking about debt reduction in terms of having debt forgiven or written-off. I wasn't. I was mainly talking about the folks who walk you through the numerous ways to pay off your debt smarter and faster. There are all sorts of tips, tricks and tools that the general public will never know about or understand with enough confidence to take advantage of.

One more tip.

Driver safety courses.

Currently have to renew mine so doing an online course. bit of a hassle but well worth it Get a 10% discount for it.

i went with a trac phone for a few years.every 90 days id pay between $20 and $25 dollars for 60 minutes. the phone had double my minutes.so id get 120 minutes every time.but now.i have a safe link phone.i didn't have to pay for it.and i get a certain amount of minutes each month.and u limited text.all free to me.another way i save money.is i go with a tv antenna.i get 6 tv stations.but their free.ii'll be doing my primary shopping this friday..i'll be looking into tv antennas there.i'll be looking for the one that has a 300 mile range.all just to save money each month.this probably been mentioned. i save money by having the front door and kitchen window open each. day during good weather. and a tower in the living-room to circulate the air.it's been as warm as 89F in here.but still felt comfortable.
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

I had a budget problems dealing with bad credit and also my 2 son's college fee. Someone suggested me to get online loan. Moreover, online loans often have lower fees and fewer paperwork requirements than traditional loans. Additionally, because online loans are usually unsecured, lenders often offer lower interest rates for borrowers with good credit. So, I opted for online loan and got SPAMMED with lower interest. I hope this will be helpful for persons like me having bad credit.
    Last edited by Peter Park; 01-06-2023 at 01:46 AM.

Resurrecting a three year old thread to spam it then getting banned will always be helpful for persons like you.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Resurrecting a three year old thread to spam it then getting banned will always be helpful for persons like you.
    Save on your internet bill by being banned from all the sites. Brilliant.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

In all seriousness. The best way to save money is to do without.

You'll often hear people talk about how expensive it is to live these days. They are all WRONG.

Check on the prices of things throughout time. It's cheaper to live now than ever.

There's a catch though. You have to live without many of the modern things.

Take a home in the 50's. It has one car, one phone, one TV, no daycare for the kids, and someone is making food from scratch.

Now you have a cellphone for everyone in the house at $30-$100 a month, Daycare that can be ridiculously expensive, 2 cars, and a fridge full of Hot pockets and Digiono's.

(I do not work for Hot Pockets or DiGiorno's, Rick)
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.