Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And we should care WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Well, Kerry's boss tells us that 90% of Americans approve of background checks. I guess that Kerry's statement holds as much truth as his boss'.
    It amazes me that so many people believe their lies and are so easily socially engineered.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

I don't believe most of it but a background check for a firearm is not too much to ask.
    They do those for lesser reasons, and no one's squawking about it.

I respect your opinion B and things like this is where I don't understand why they want to pass new laws when they don't pursue existing laws
    http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...secute&st=&ps=
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

It sure has not stopped 12 million illigal Mexicans!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    It sure has not stopped 12 million illigal Mexicans!
    It has done a good job of stopping pedophiles from working in schools.
    Just because we can't stop everyone, doesn't mean we should give up entirely. It is not either or and it never should be, IMHO.

If true, this is terribly stupid and shortsighted. (It's how good causes get crippled):
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/42-45-dissenting-senators-gun-control-reform-received-cash-gun-lobby?utm_source=OV+Newsletter+List+2&utm_campaign =e86788c580-OV_Newsletter_Apr_194_19_2013&utm_medium=email

"All but three of the U.S. senators who voted against background checks this week received money from the gun lobby.
    Of the 45 senators who voted No on gun law reform that would expand background checks for gun purchases, 42 took money from pro-gun groups, according to analysis by The Guardian and the Sunlight Foundation, a nonprofit that utilizes the internet to promote government transparency."

Benesse, You don't really believe that mega-millionaire and billionaire leftists such as your good Mayor Bloomberg, Soros, Buffett, the mega-millonaire leftists of Hollywood, and the various left wing billion dollar Foundations don't funnel millions and millions of $$$$$ to the Senators and Congressmen whom they want to vote against the Second Amendment, do you??

Money from those mega-wealthy leftists flows like water over Niagara Falls into the bank accounts of the Democrat politicians who'll vote to destroy the Second Amendment and the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms. That certainly includes your good Constitituion hating Senator, Chuckie Schumer.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    Benesse, You don't really believe that mega-millionaire and billionaire leftists such as your good Mayor Bloomberg, Soros, Buffett, the mega-millonaire leftists of Hollywood, and the various left wing billion dollar Foundations don't funnel millions and millions of $$$$$ to the Senators and Congressmen whom they want to vote against the Second Amendment, do you??

Money from those mega-wealthy leftists flows like water over Niagara Falls into the bank accounts of the Democrat politicians who'll vote to destroy the Second Amendment and the Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms. That certainly includes your good Constitituion hating Senator, Chuckie Schumer.

S.M.
    Bring in the evidence, prove your case.
    That goes for ANYbody, I don't care who you are.
    Whatever you can prove in the court of law is what I'm interested in hearing. Short of that, I don't even want to hear the voices in my head.

Banned

I think these polls will pretty much support whatever position you want. Who's paying for the results? A lot depends on how the questions are sequenced or structured, and what your choices of response are. I refuse to take polls anymore because all to often there isn't a response that truly captures my position on the issue they're polling. Basically they are just a waste of time and money. The only opinion your congressional representation should concern themselves with is that of their constituents. I figure they get enough phone, internet, and mailed correspondence to know where they stand on any issue. Whether or not they honor that consensus when it comes time to make their vote is another story.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 04-19-2013 at 04:49 PM.

BENESSE - " Bring in the evidence, prove your case. That goes for ANYbody, I don't care who you are. Whatever you can prove in the court of law is what I'm interested in hearing. Short of that, I don't even want to hear the voices in my head. "
    "Prove my case??!"

Is it possible you are so naive and ignorant -- note I said "ignorant," not "stupid," as there is a vast difference -- that you do not know how politicans raise huge sums of money for their "campaign" chests? Have you never heard of thousands of dollars per plate dinners for certain politicians with the money going into their campaign funds?? Also lesser "rubber chicken dinners" for same?? Are you unaware that even if a politician is defeated, the money is kept by him or her and NOT returned to the donors?

Do you not know how the various non-profit political organizations that are funded by incredibly wealthy "patrons" funnel gigantic sums of money into the campaign funds of various politicians? The donors are giving that money to influence that politican to vote a certain way.

Are you actually saying that the left wing politicians are not the recipients of money and "favors" from the lobbying groups who want them to vote against the Second Amendment??

Many years ago a very powerful and influential California Democrat legislator, Jesse Unruh, stated, "Money is the mother's milk of politics." Just as true today as then. Money from the various donors does not just flow to Republican legislators. The Democrats have their hands out holding large buckets to catch the flowing largess too.

That type of money raising is a constant and has been for many, many years.

Believe what you want.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Folks....let's leave politics out of it and refrain from name calling.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.