Thread: Advice for Hydroponic gardening?

Default Advice for Hydroponic gardening?

Specifically- Celery. My celery clones are producing new green, but root growth is minimal and I have been battling root rot. Any advice?... I am on the verge of abandoning hydroponics for celery and going to a soilless base....any advice is MUCH appreciated!!
    My tomatoes are going fabulously!!- I just transplanted 50 into soil this past Saturday, but the celery has been Giving me problems!...I am by no means new to hydroponic gardening, but this is the first time i"ve cloned celery, and it's not going too well!!... Due to the green growth, I have much hope, but with the degree of root problems i'm having, I am seriously considering abandoning the hydroponics for a soilless, nutrient fed base.
    Any advice is appreciated!!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Sorry. I have been trying aquaponics with not much luck.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

What nutes are you using? Indoor or outdoor? What's the water quality? Temps humidity? I've found hydro to cost more than its worth unless you can do it outdoor with cheap nutes and equipment which is a pita.

I’ve never grown celery, maybe it’s just finicky. One of the first things that causes root rot is low oxygen content. Roots can handle lots of water as long as they’re getting lots of air. My ground is little more than clay and rock. For gardening it demands constant attention. When I calculate the time and effort spent keeping it up, a short season, and the price of a good tiller (or my back), hydroponics isn’t all that bad. One thing it lacks is the feel of soil that is in good tilth.

Try hydrogen peroxide, sounds like a mix of low oxygen and maybe some pathogens in the water, especially if warmed.