Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston marathon

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Set it to music, Kyrat. What's your theory?
    I have no theory, only curiosity and a desire to know more than I speculate we will ever learn.

That kid missed his calling, he should have been signed up as a pretraineed recruit by Special Forces! I have taught thousands of kids over the years and probably had 3-4 in that 35 years that might be capable of doing what he did without a hint of nervousness in any of the pictures or without slipping up and acting strangely around friends after the event, or even having friends. All were sociopaths, and this terrorist kid does not have that profile.

We are getting the media show for the masses, face time for the politicians and a package tied up with a neat little ribbon. The media/political complex at its best.

What do they do to the Islamic people in Boston anyway? You send an arab to Atlanta and he mellows out, gets a job at the 7/11, buys a house, walks his dog and dies of old age. Send him to Boston and he steals jets, runs them into skyscrapers and blows up folks down at the festival!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Viewing this from an urban survival standpoint, with no pro or con opinions of the person, idals or philosophies,

HOW DOES;

an untrained 19 year old pull off an historic terriorist act

stay calm and go about his normal life for 4 days

Go on a sudden crime spree and commit 3-4 criminal acts in 30 minutes

Drive through a firefight like he was trained by Blackwater

escape an instantly formed parimeter

leave no scent for tracker dogs while leaving a blood trail

Elude 10,000 LEO for 24 hours

still have enough strength to put up resistance when cornered even though he had suffered blood loss for his entire evasion

I am not presenting a conspiracy theory, I am simply wondering if I have underestimated the capabilities of young "sheeple", their motivation and instantly acquirable urban combat skills!

Remember that the 19 year old was NOT the one suspected of returning to Russia for training.

This kid ain't like the kids I taught in HS, even if he did wear his hat backwards.

And what if there had been 50 of them?
    You have hit the nail on the head. HOW could he do all this? Without help?
    But the most sad and terrifying part of it (assuming it is true), the police chief said THE YOUNG KID RAN OVER AND KILLED HIS OWN BROTHER. On purpose. Aiming the SUV at him.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Practice......lots of practice.
    Speaking of which..... It's beginning to make a slight bit of sense as to why DHS may have ordered 1.8 Billion rounds. What ever happened to "One Shot - One Kill?"
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Yah, I hope no one in that crowd ever said, "If you can't hit em with 10 rounds you need to go to the range and practice more."

I hope that the guy who went out for a smoke and a look at his boat (and you know he was out there thinking about putting it in the water) at least got an AttaBoy for finding the suspect. And the reward if there was one. He's gonna need a new boat. That one will never see the water again.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Anyone else notice all the administrative warnings over the radios about avoiding circular firing squad situations throughout this event?

AVOID CROSSFIRES!!
    AVOID CROSSFIRES!!

When they cornered the vehicle they did not manage to take down the older suspect, standing in the open at 10 feet, until he had to reload. Then it required an estimated 200 rounds.

We do have sone really good references on what would make an excellent urban BOV! Apparently you can drive a Mercades SUV in one side of a firefight and out the other.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-21-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What ever happened to "One Shot - One Kill?"
    I guess that's now only reserved for highly trained snipers, not the run of the mill LE. One would think they would require more of themselves, if not to protect innocent bystanders, than to save their own hide.

Great example of this LE shooting incompetence happened in August near Empire State bldg. when the police fired on a murderer (who was trying to flee didn't even have a gun in his hand) and hit 9 other people. All this at a busy time in the morning, at one of the busiest locations in the city.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1245247

Blog Entries

And the constant...why...what drove them to it...why did they change from nice boys, etc, etc.

The answer is simple: Hatred and Radical Islamic Indoctrination.

(There's a book that) "contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule..... Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret (that) book's many calls to violence according to what their own moral preconceptions find justificable."

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/qu...3-violence.htm

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Ken; 04-21-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Ken ^5,, Glad I am not the only one that voices this out loud. It is not "profiling" simply a recognition of their faith and its impact on US
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Ken ^5,, Glad I am not the only one that voices this out loud. It is not "profiling" simply a recognition of their faith and its impact on US
    I think that we (those of us here, anyway) all agree that they're TERRORISTS. They have chosen to call themselves MUSLIM and always claim to be acting in obedience to their faith. The term MUSLIM TERRORISTS simply identifies WHO they are and WHAT they are.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Actually the entire muslim faith is a really interesting one. Never really passed into a love and flowers religion though. Truss itsbthe area and history of constant conflict that shaped the religion. While Christianity had periods of peace and prosperity as did jeudism muslim history has always been full of conflict, non-stop and severe.

I can certainly understand Ken's & Pal's sentiments on an emotional level. But to revert to the corny, slippery slope argument, it's a dangerous road to take. I know that Ken as a lawyer, knows better and we are a country of laws, after all. There are ways to deal with this malignancy without stooping to their level...we are better than that.

Blog Entries

I can certainly understand Ken's & Pal's sentiments on an emotional level. But to revert to the corny, slippery slope argument, it's a dangerous road to take. I know that Ken as a lawyer, knows better and we are a country of laws, after all. There are ways to deal with this malignancy without stooping to their level...we are better than that.
    Benesse, I'm neither advocating discrimination against Muslims nor am I suggesting that every member of their religion is radical, violent, or supportive of such crimes against humanity. However, the FACT remains that the radical members of that faith are haters, either through their upbringing or through indoctrination, and they choose to rely on some of the writings OF THEIR FAITH to justify their crimes against humanity.

Regardless of that fact, senseless (to us) acts of violence like Boston play out every single day in our world. It's rare that it happens here, but when it does it tends to get our attention in a huge way.

Many of us have not failed to notice that nations that follow Sharia Law engage in official government actions that many of us find barbaric. Does anyone here care to defend stoning a 12-year-old rape VICTIM to death? THOSE acts are also based on a radical interpretation of the Muslim faith.

The problem we have is that far too many of the radical elements have managed to blend into the mainstream of our society. Does that mean that all Muslims should be suspect? Perhaps not, but common sense dictates that AS A CULTURE they are more likely to produce a terrorist bomber than Tibetan Buddhists or Scottish Americans or Lakota Indians or American Eskimos.

Muslims have produced more violent radicals, who have attacked Americans here and abroad, than any other present-day culture. These radicals identify themselves as Muslims who claim to be acting in accordance with their faith, and they are terrorists. Therefore, I believe that the term "Muslim Terrorists" is neither bigoted nor insensitive. Instead, it's a very accurate description of one of our most dangerous enemies.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

History is a great way to find out how the future will unfold. The current conflict is nothing new. Ever hear of the crusades? In a way that conflict never truly resolved itself. The muslim faith as it exists today is in large due to the shaping events of empire building following the expansionist/ imperialist events which shaped the last 500 centuries.

The western christian world has since the 4th century been in opposition to the middle eastern muslim world. This isn't about religion its about an age old conflict of empire and resources. We have and they feel that they deserve to have. Thing is with finite resources conflict is inevitable.
    To further compound the problem there is little separation of church and state for most predominant muslim nations thus militant political/ economic motives often get plastered with a thin religious facade for justification.

I can easily use almost any religion as justification for any act.
    Last edited by Davidlastink; 04-21-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlastink View Post
    I can easily use almost any religion as justification for any act.
    Great! Any chance you can help me justify having a 5-scoop ice cream sundae with french vanilla ice cream smothered with butterscotch and marshmallow sauces, whipped cream, chopped walnuts, and several cherries?

Help me. Please. I want one so bad and I need a reason.........
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

You are about 300 years late with the beginnings of conflict!

Battles between believing and nonbelieving tribes ensued even while Mohamed was alive.

The new religion swept across the mid east and N Africa, which had a strng Christian population (several of the early Popes were Syrian), and the advance came to a hault in central France at the Battle of Tours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours

This was a religion that was borm in and of armed conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Great! Any chance you can help me justify having a 5-scoop ice cream sundae with french vanilla ice cream smothered with butterscotch and marshmallow sauces, whipped cream, chopped walnuts, and several cherries?

Help me. Please. I want one so bad and I need a reason.........
    Because you can.

How's that for help?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Because you can.

How's that for help?
    Every single one of my belts is 4" shorter that they were in November. This is a struggle....
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Stop buying small belts.

There ---- more help.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

From a purely historical perspective, the Persian Empire has existed in the form of one dynasty or another since the second millenium BC. That's over 4000 years. Rome waged war with Persia for over 700 of those years. Ghengis Khan invade them as did Timur. As DLL said, this is a history or horrific violence. Around 1500 BC +/- Islam became the official religion of Persia. It has remained the official religion ever since. Today, we know that country as Iran and their goal is to reestablish the Persian Empire as it existed around the year 900 BC, which stretched from the western border of Turkey to the eastern border of Afghanistan and south encompassing most of the Persian Gulf. It's an ambitious goal but not entirely an impossible goal.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.