Thread: Nypd?

Blog Entries

Cool Nypd?

Hope the NYPD has been stocking up on ammo!

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/york...#axzz2QJBQGy1X

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I love it, I wish more arms mfg companies had the Balls to do that.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I'll be sure to buy from them when I have the funds. Great work on their part. If we're going to disarm The People, we should disarm ALL the people
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

If we're going to disarm The People...
    The we are in violation of the Constitution. There is a process for changing the Constitution, and politicians legislating it away ain't the process.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Good to hear this kind of news.

I don't understand how they can make unlawful laws and we let them get away with it.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free

This is just one little gun-smithing company in ME. How many NYPD orders do they fill a year?
    And what are they going to do when ME falls to all the New England moonbats? Move?

Most of the 44 companies (and that's 44 nationwide) that have done this on the lists posted on TheBlaze are small companies in it for the advertising. Around here a LEO can purchase a non-approved Glock by bringing in a note from his chief to any gun shop and they CAN order it for him. If this avenue were shut off the loss of a dozen LE clients doesn't hurt the gun shop, and the town or city would just go to a shop in the next state or directly to Glock, I'm sure. Until Hornady, CCI, S&W, Glock or any of that caliber of company joins the boycott, it's nothing more than a small statement against the machine.

Tin Hat Moment but how about if the Federal Government placed orders for billions of rounds of ammunition just so you, the general public, couldn't buy it at this "critical" time in gun legislation history. Not that the Gov is gonna use it so much as instead to max out production. If the ammo companies only filled the usually yearly gov order, would that make things easier to get even with the hoarding?
    Your tax dollars at work?
    But I don't hear the ammo companies saying "No."
    Last edited by LowKey; 04-14-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

While it makes for good reading, this will have no impact on New York governments and everyone knows that. As Lowkey pointed out one has to wonder what % of gross income New York state sales represents before you can commend the owner. In any case, privately held companies have significantly more flexibility than larger corporations. While ethics should be a cornerstone of any business it has to be equally weighted with other concerns such as employees, suppliers, customers, being a good corporate neighbor as well as their fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. Privately owned businesses have the luxury of not having to worry about the last stakeholder.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I hope NYPD has not stocked up. They are notorious as the worst shots in the world.

Blog Entries

Cool Here's how I see it.

Okay, at the risk of being unpopular...wait a minute, I'm already unpopular...anyway, I am not in favor of denying ammo to ANY police department. All of these news stories that I and others on here have been posting just shows how crazy this whole thing is getting to be. And the crazier it gets the more we're going to need those LEO's, and empty guns ain't a-gonna help! At some point, hopefully, this whole mess will blow over, but if it doesn't we're going to need the Gendarmes. Just my 2 pennies.....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I might agree if I thought the police were engaged in useful activity, like chasing violent criminals.

The whole point of a free society is that you don't need "gendarmes" everywhere monitoring your every move for some action on your part that would be harmless except it violates some law that gets selectively enforced. I'd be perfectly happy to see the police forces around the country cut to 1/3 their current level. I don't need to be zapped by radar 5 times, or photographed 20 times, just driving to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Okay, at the risk of being unpopular...wait a minute, I'm already unpopular...anyway, I am not in favor of denying ammo to ANY police department. All of these news stories that I and others on here have been posting just shows how crazy this whole thing is getting to be. And the crazier it gets the more we're going to need those LEO's, and empty guns ain't a-gonna help! At some point, hopefully, this whole mess will blow over, but if it doesn't we're going to need the Gendarmes. Just my 2 pennies.....
    Did you just seriously say that? Sarge you think if the SHTF our LEO community is going to be there to protect us?
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Did you just seriously say that? Sarge you think if the SHTF our LEO community is going to be there to protect us?
    AND this is coming from a former LEO !!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Cool See...?

See, unpopular. What'd I tell ya!....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I don't think they are here to protect us now.

There are bad apples in any profession, military, LE, medical, judicial, you name it. That's human nature and there's nothing we can do about it. But I do have a basic trust in people that they'll do the right thing...LE included.
    They came through on 9/11 and they'll do it again, along many other brave people who went above and beyond.

My hat is off to the LEO around these parts. I think they do an excellent job and I don't have any problems with them at all. I've seen first hand what they can do when the chips are down and they did an incredible job, in the middle of the night, against multiple subjects and they had no idea whether they were armed or not. No one was hurt, the bad guys went to jail and everyone else went home. I stop on occasion and chat with them. Some are even my neighbors. No different than you or me. Just folks trying to earn a living.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I just read an article about an officer who was fired for stealing $20 from a suicide victim. How did they catch him? Another officer turned him in.

There is good and bad in every profession. The problem cops face is the hypocrisy of swearing to uphold laws and arresting or ticketing people for things that you do also.

A lot of really good men and women join law enforcement to do good and do so everyday. Some just join for the power and they tarnish the badge of way too many good law enforcement officers.

There are multiple issues here: 1) How we may feel about LEOs generally. 2) How we may feel about NYPD LEOs in particular. 3) What sort of response we should have to attempts to strip us of our 2nd Amendment rights.

1) I have nothing against LEOs in general, except that we have way to many of them and the excess do nothing except dole out traffic tickets and eat donuts. I'd be perfectly content with the remainder doing the real law enforcement work.

2) NYPD has a well earned reputation for shooting more innocent bystanders than bad guys. The "New York trigger" was developed because of these incompetents.

3) Boycotts by either buyers or sellers is a very restrained form of protest against onerous laws. If my NY relatives (one of whom is a retired LEO) are not allowed to defend themselves with weapons they have owned for years, I'll support anyone who is willing to engage in a boycott to defend their rights to defend themselves. It is also worth noting that the SAFE Act does NOT include an LEO exemption, so by NY State law if the citizens can't have it, neither can the NYPD. If someone has a beef with this they should take it up with the idiots who passed the law that led to the boycott.