Thread: 6-10 rounds of 9mm

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default 6-10 rounds of 9mm

Saturday afternoon and I am resting between chores. Turned on the TV and the COPS show is on.

They are called to take a person hopped up on PCP into custody.

Before going in the supervisor warns everyone in the unit that since they are using 9mm+P they can expect the first 6-10 rounds to have zero effect on the suspect!

Can we now have a moment of silence to thank John M. Browning for the invention of the .45 acp.

And a second moment of silence for D.B. Wesson for the .357.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

What about one FMJ / ball round to the Thalmus?
    Thaddius Bickerton

Before going in the supervisor warns everyone in the unit that since they are using 9mm+P they can expect the first 6-10 rounds to have zero effect on the suspect!
    That's because they'll miss that many times before they get on target. LOL A little more training and a little less time dreaming of magic bullets that fit in a gun you'll carry.

It's all about shot placement. a .22 to the ear is an elephant stopper.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well it was on the TV....so it must be true.....LOL

In other news, local police chief, has a progect for replacement of all service weapons to .40 cal......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's all about shot placement. a .22 to the ear is an elephant stopper.
    22 elephants? I thought it was 79 virgins. No wait - that's not it. 79 sturgeons - that's it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I dont know about that 6 plus shot thing!! one well placed shot to the forehead of even a crack head should drop him, like a turd from a buzzard
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I dont know about that 6 plus shot thing!! one well placed shot to the forehead of even a crack head should drop him, like a turd from a buzzard
    2 problems with that.

1. It's the real world. What are the odds that the need to shoot a bad guy happens at the exact time that you can get the perfect shot.

2. Have you ever looked at the stats for accuracy (or lack there of.) in police shootings?
    (No offense meant to LEO's.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    22 elephants? I thought it was 79 virgins. No wait - that's not it. 79 sturgeons - that's it.
    Wouldn't it be funny for one of those bad guys to find out that the 72 virgins waiting for him are 72 ticked off nuns, from a strict catholic school? Hahaha.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

http://fairchildhospitalshooting.com/page3.php

4 shots and 2 hit.
    A quote that always stays with me.
    I returned fire, shooting four times, hitting the killer twice from a distance of approximately 70 yards, with a 9mm Beretta handgun. The lifesaving shot hit Mellberg on the bridge of his nose, passing fatally through his brain as it exited the base of his skull.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    2 problems with that.

1. It's the real world. What are the odds that the need to shoot a bad guy happens at the exact time that you can get the perfect shot.

2. Have you ever looked at the stats for accuracy (or lack there of.) in police shootings?
    (No offense meant to LEO's.)
    Unfortunately thats all too true.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

In the late 80's early 90's they took away our 1911's and gave us Berattas, we always wondered why they had double the mag capacity. We soon realized it took that many rounds to do the same thing that the 45 single stack could do. Just one guy s opinion from true life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    In the late 80's early 90's they took away our 1911's and gave us Berattas, we always wondered why they had double the mag capacity. We soon realized it took that many rounds to do the same thing that the 45 single stack could do. Just one guy s opinion from true life experiences.
    +1 !!!!!!!!!!

111 days to Sturgis. No nuns, no virgins, though a few of those folks will swear there was some elephants.

^^^^^^ WHAT cwi555 said

Quote Originally Posted by cwi555 View Post
    111 days to Sturgis. No nuns, no virgins, though a few of those folks will swear there was some elephants.
    Hummm, Been to the mountain and seen the elephant, you say?.....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I think 2 hits out of 4 at 70 yards with a standard issue sidearm while having a rifle fired at you is acceptable. Also, in that instance the caliber probably didn't come into play.

He was on bicycle patrol. Otherwise he should have had a carbine. Also, in an "active shooter scenario" I don't think you would be able to hear me yell drop the gun over the first report of my firearm. LOL

I have been to Sturgis several times, and I saw Nuns, buffalos, and even an elephant one year "I think", I saw things that made me say ''would ya look at that'', but I am willing to bet, I NEVER saw a virgin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cwi555 View Post