Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready to disappear?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Ready to disappear?

I checked out a book on how to disappear at the library while browsing through the "survival" section. That particular portion of the library has suddenly bulked up a good bit.

Book is mostly instructions on identity protection and how to cushion yourself from prying eyes.

I found out I am already almost invisible.

Not that I am trying to hide.

Not that anyone wants to see me anyway.

The book, used in reverse, is real good instruction on how to bug the he!! out of other people though.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I have the ebook version of a book like that, pretty entertaining, and some useful info too.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

book name? isbn? Do you recomment it as a good read?
    Even the Dalai Lama had to bug out…

Had Abby Hoffmans book back in the 70's.....Title, "Steal This Book"........somebody stole it.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Not an instruction manual or anything, but the Jack Reacher novels show a guy who's pretty much invisble for a couple decades, though I don't think I'd want to live the way he lives. After the first few books, the author actually started researching stuff, so from book 3 onward it actually has some pretty clever ideas in it.
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by KhonHd View Post
    book name? isbn? Do you recomment it as a good read?
    The E book copy I have is of this book..

How to Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, and Vanish without a Trace

Publisher: Lyons Press; First edition (September 1, 2010)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1599219778
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    .....I checked out a book on how to disappear at the library while browsing through the "survival" section. That particular portion of the library has suddenly bulked up a good bit..
    .....how to disappear at the library .......?
    Why would you want to disappear at the library?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    If anyone needs lessons on how to disappear at the library , my son is an expert. takes me forever to find him.

I don't want to dissapear, I want to stay here at my farm, and on this earth. I would think dissapearing would suck

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post

It's warm in the winter, cool in the summer, has rest rooms, reading areas, study rooms, snack bar, coffee bar, computer lab and it's right across the street from the White Castle.

What more could one want in a BOL?

It's warm in the winter, cool in the summer, has rest rooms, reading areas, study rooms, snack bar, coffee bar, computer lab and it's right across the street from the White Castle.

Wow , shoots my wal-mart BOL all to heck now.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Wow , shoots my wal-mart BOL all to heck now.
    Not necessarily. WalMart has cold beer.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'll go with the saloon...big screen TV's everywhere you look, food, Wifi, warm in winter, cool in summer, Plenty of beer and sprits.......and no one shushes ya....

Shouldn't folks learn to reappear before they disappear? Seems to me that getting back might be important. Birthdays, Christmas and such.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well I'll just hang out in my cave, LED TV, stereo, pool table, cold beer and girls, it's the best place for me to dissapear. And it is within crawling distance of the house

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Shouldn't folks learn to reappear before they disappear? Seems to me that getting back might be important. Birthdays, Christmas and such.
    Get that all taken care of before you leave Rick! Burn your woogie and man up.

Back in the old days they used to have a funeral and wake for people before they got on the boat to come to America. The family knew they would never see those people again, so they said their permenant good byes.

Sometimes you come to a fork in the road and simply never look back.

In a similar vein, I have several friends that have moved to other parts of the country due to job requirements lately. These were not transient folk, but people in their 50s and 60s that had livesd in one area for their entire lives. They left kids, grand kids and great grandkids, sold homes they had lived in for 30 years and moved across the continent.

You do what you have to do.

Moving across the continent in a well prepared exit, or disappearing to some South American village after transfering ones assets to a secure holding company in the Camen Islands beats the hell out of "I want to live in the wilderness where no one will bother me, how do I build a fire"

Get that all taken care of before you leave Rick! Burn your woogie and man up.

Back in the old days they used to have a funeral and wake for people before they got on the boat to come to America. The family knew they would never see those people again, so they said their permenant good byes.

Sometimes you come to a fork in the road and simply never look back.

In a similar vein, I have several friends that have moved to other parts of the country due to job requirements lately. These were not transient folk, but people in their 50s and 60s that had livesd in one area for their entire lives. They left kids, grand kids and great grandkids, sold homes they had lived in for 30 years and moved across the continent.

You do what you have to do.

Moving across the continent in a well prepared exit, or disappearing to some South American village after transfering ones assets to a secure holding company in the Camen Islands beats the hell out of "I want to live in the wilderness where no one will bother me, how do I build a fire"
    I could live in South America and never look back! When my Daughter gets out of college and has everything under control, I may move to Venezuela. I love that place!

Not me, brother. They have dinosaurs.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL! The way to disappear sure is to go online and talk about dissapearing where any government agent can track down your IP address, compare it with your other online accounts, find out all your information, and then know you're planning to 'disappear' to top it all off. Yeah. Maybe if you're an ordinary civilian with no 'interesting' history you could pull it off cause they would have more important stuff to do. But if you seriously have a reason to disappear, the last thing you should do is discuss it online!
    Now for purely intellectual reasons, it would be nice to get hold of a copy of that book...
    "Sometimes the best spear is the one you don't throw."
    -Johnny Whitefeather, Self-Proclaimed Native American

"Drop the weapon and put your hands on your head!"
    -What you can usually hear when I try to demonstrate the above quote.