Thread: Bugband

Smile Bugband

Any reviews on the wristbands by Bugband
    Thanks

I haven't tried it, and I'm not familiar with the active ingredient. I do notice however that they advertise their product line (as does just about everybody else) as an alternative to DEET. I never see a product advertised as an alternative to any of the other myriad of active ingredients out there. For me.....I'm sticking with DEET. It works really well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Never heard of it........?
    See from Google it a wrist band for insect repellent?
    I'm a Deet guy as well....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I tried them and that clip on battery powered bug repellent, they worked great, attracted every Mosquito in range ! Dont waste your money, buy a can of deet
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Another option that Batch uses a lot are the thermacell thingies. I haven't tried them, but he seems to like them. I don't recall him saying if they were effective in a breeze or not.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Another option that Batch uses a lot are the thermacell thingies. I haven't tried them, but he seems to like them. I don't recall him saying if they were effective in a breeze or not.
    They actually work pretty well, although kinda expensive....on the up side DW uses a thermocell style butane hair curler....that uses the same fuel cartridges....you know just in case I need to stea...I mean borrow one.

SIL gave me one, that was green in color, replaced it with a cameoed version....that he uses inside a blind?
    He could wear a 3 piece suit and nothing could see him, anyway.....Oh well.

Thermacells are less effective in strong breezes. But, mosquitos are less active in strong breezes.

One thing about thermacells that deet can't do is clear out a tent that mosquitos have gotten into. Anyone that has ever left their screen open by accident and had to sleep through the night with a couple of skeeters buzzing them all night, knows they would sell their soul for a solution. Just put the thermacell on in the tent and close the door. Give it a while it a couple minutes and every last one of them will be dead. I usually wait 15 minutes.

Works in a tent blind as well...seems they like coming in as there is shade inside...Ii use the thermocells.

Thanks guys,Hard to beat deet

A search on you tube and you can learn to refill the butane canister. I've never seen a thermacell kill mosquitoes but they will leave.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

The buzzing skeeters are the males trying to attract a female. And males don't bite. The females that do bite don't make any noise. So when you get your tent zipped up and it's quiet. Very quiet. Your tent is probably loaded with female skeeters. Just sayin'.....
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Women are sneaky like that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Im thinking this is about the best bug band for your money Just my opinion!!!

I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Nooooo, not gonna watch it....still have Green Anaconda in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The buzzing skeeters are the males trying to attract a female. And males don't bite. The females that do bite don't make any noise. So when you get your tent zipped up and it's quiet. Very quiet. Your tent is probably loaded with female skeeters. Just sayin'.....
    Hey Rick, I meant to reply to this earlier but didn't find a source. Mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn. But, when you walk through grass or through a head or hammock you will kick up the mosquitoes that take advantage of a passing meal. They are attracted to carbon monoxide which is expelled through sweat glands and of course through your mouth. When the CO is expelled through your mouth and you are moving forward the CO is going to drift back near your ears. So, the female mosquito will go there.

When you are in really bad mosquito country you will wear protection, including long pants and sleeved shirts. If you wear a mosquito net it can be maddening the buzzing just out side your netting. ALL of those mosquitoes are there for a blood meal and are female. Male mosquitoes are not attracted to our CO. They are feeding on nectar.

So most people have never heard a male mosquito buzz.

{quote]Myth: Only the female mosquito makes a buzzing sound.

Fact: The buzzing sound that you hear is made by the beating of the mosquitoes wings. The wings of both males and females make a buzzing sound. Females make a higher pitched sound than males. Most people never hear the male mosquito because it doesn't bite. [/quote]

Source: http://www.westnilevirusfacts.org/mosquito_myths.htm