Thread: Assault weapons ban is gone.....

Default Assault weapons ban is gone.....

Harry Reid tells Feinstein no way.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...b49_story.html

Did you by chance read the whole article. It is not gone, only taking away to have better chances of achieving it.....
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The action all seems to be at the state level anyhow. Just ask the folks in NY.

I wait and see what happens.......does "excetive order" ring a bell?
    I don't trust anyone........

Keep those letter and E-mails coming, folks.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Now that it has come out of comittee with approval she can stick it onto any available bill as an ammendment.

Next time your rep votes for school kiddies to get cheap milk he may be passing the assualt weapons ban.

They really removed is so they would look like they were caving when they have 4 seperate restrictive bills they are working through the process as we speak.

My real concern is the mag capacity issue and the registration needed to enforce the private sale ban.

You can not enforce a private sale ban unless you have complete firearms registration of every weapon in private hands.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Dead on....this is not the end of anything, only the beginning, and will be coming from every direction, mags, gun types, ammo , position limits, registration, what ever you can think of....on every level possible.

When it comes to legislation like this, it is never gone.....just hiding for a bit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh its just getting started my friend !

now to be rid of 1934 gun control act and the 1968 gun control act.

They are by no means giving up on eating up our rights. They are just deciding what size bites they can take.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Funny, the 'banned' ALL semi-auto long guns and pump action shotguns back in 96 here in Oz...........we've still got ****loads of Lebanese/Chinese/Vietnamese crime gangs blowing the crap out of one another in the major cities on a weekly basis, with semi-and full auto firearms..........

'funny' that............
    "use enough gun......"

....yeah ban working real well in Chicago as well.....

Banned

Obviously the history of gunbans here and abroad only demonstrate the fallacy of disarming law-abiding citizens. Gun registration concerns me too, because I don't particularly like the idea of that information one day ending up in the hands of potential thieves or used by political criminals intent on liberating me of my constitutional rights. Perhaps if we gave violent offenders a one-strike and your out policy we'd see a reduction in violent crimes. If we insured that the parents of troubled youth had greater access to affordable mental health care, we might see a drop in the incidence of violence from their demographic as well. I find the restrictions on firearms about as logical as outlawing cars because someone somewhere may have used one as a weapon. Be sure we get rid of all knives and baseball bats while we're at it. Hammers are potential weapons too and no more scissors or matches either. It's starting to Look like we're all gonna end up cold, naked, hungry, homeless and traveling on foot before they're through.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 03-20-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Why dont they just fix the budget and leave gun owners alone! Our government wont do anything it is really supposed to do, and wastes time trying to do what it shouldn't, truly disfunctional!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Why dont they just fix the budget and leave gun owners alone! Our government wont do anything it is really supposed to do, and wastes time trying to do what it shouldn't, truly disfunctional!
    Amen! I couldn't have said it better. Instead of worrying about guns, gays, and the wrong kind of health care, they need to be focusing on real health care issues, social security, war efforts, and the national debt. I say we don't pay congress until they actually produce something worth earning a paycheck for.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The media has found some other urgent problem to dwell on so the collective memories have moved on as well. THIS is the time when we need to be reminding our legislators how we feel about gun bans. The hard core gun banners are still out there yakking to their legislators while the "blow in the wind" gun banners have moved on to the latest problem. Let's remain vigilant and keep calling, writing and emailing our legislators so they hear a lot more "Don't Ban" than they do "Ban".

Just this week New Jersey child protective services showed up with law enforcement and a man's home because he posted a picture of his son holding a rifle on Facebook. You need to be cautious and keep writing!!!

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/20...says_stat.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.