Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had to just go and survive....

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    First choice, stay home. Band the neighbors together, form a community to work out the needs of everyone, and farm, farm, farm every available spot. Without farming you won't last long.
    From reading your profile, seems you are already in a situation that a lot of people are wanting to go TO,.... not from....

I do understand be prepared in any way you can, for whatever may come along,...planning, learning different skills, practicing,... even doing a "mountain what if"......
    I still would head for a more temperate area.....of course ...so will everyone else.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    From reading your profile, seems you are already in a situation that a lot of people are wanting to go TO,.... not from....

I do understand be prepared in any way you can, for whatever may come along,...planning, learning different skills, practicing,... even doing a "mountain what if"......
    I still would head for a more temperate area.....of course ...so will everyone else.
    Well, I do live in the Rockies. The towns here are placed at certain locations for a reason. They are where the water is, and farmable land. There aren't many towns in the mountains. The ones that are in the mountains are mining towns. So, they trade for sustenance. You either grow food, or you trade for it.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Well, I do live in the Rockies. The towns here are placed at certain locations for a reason. They are where the water is, and farmable land. There aren't many towns in the mountains. The ones that are in the mountains are mining towns. So, they trade for sustenance. You either grow food, or you trade for it.
    Sorry, I didn't mean you, I was addressing the OP, by using your suggestion for staying home....seems a family farm with a support system in place, as related by Mngravy....is what I was refering to.....A place to go TO for a lot of folks..........
    Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean you, I was addressing the OP, by using your suggestion for staying home....seems a family farm with a support system in place, as related by Mngravy....is what I was refering to.....A place to go TO for a lot of folks..........
    Does that make sense?
    A lot better, yes.....your first one got me scratching my head.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I guess it would have made more sense to use both quotes....I have trouble with that sometimes....anyway...seems he in a place that a lot of people want to be in.

Not saying that any information, ideas, preperations, and practice isn't a good thing no matter what.....tornado, flood, (thinking Red River) and just the cold and snow are good enough reasons to make your self ready for any thing.....