Thread: Cool! A sheriff with some guts!

Blog Entries

Cool Cool! A sheriff with some guts!

Now that's the Colorado that I remember!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...t-be-enforced/

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Terry Maketa runs a superb S.O. He has always been an anti-anti-gun guy. He is extremely well thought of here in El Paso County. Most of the very small minority who don't like him are our local academics and, of course, bad guys.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Awesome to bad CO got invaded by CA.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free

You got that right! We are now the occupied zone.

Banned

I think there has been an awakening among sheriffs across this country. They now seem to have a greater realization that they are our best and perhaps last means of protecting our constitutional rights. Rights that legislators, both state and federal, are attempting to usurp without the due process mandated within the document itself.

It seems that only the people that truly deal with crime, like Sheriffs and street cops, know the true importance of personal protection. The polititans obviously don't have a clue nor do they care about our constitutional rights. I hope there are more sheriffs out there with the same attitude!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    It seems that only the people that truly deal with crime, like Sheriffs and street cops, know the true importance of personal protection. The polititans obviously don't have a clue nor do they care about our constitutional rights. I hope there are more sheriffs out there with the same attitude!
    Sheriffs are the highest law enforcement official in any Texas county. I suspect this holds true in most if not all 50 states. The only person who can arrest a Texas county sheriff is a constable, also an elected position. I have heard/read accounts of sheriffs who have threatened to arrest any federal law enforcement officer who attempts to enforce unconstitutional federal law within their jurisdictions. I have to admit that those kinds of statements restore my faith in our local governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron View Post
    Sheriffs are the highest law enforcement official in any Texas county. I suspect this holds true in most if not all 50 states. The only person who can arrest a Texas county sheriff is a constable, also an elected position. I have heard/read accounts of sheriffs who have threatened to arrest any federal law enforcement officer who attempts to enforce unconstitutional federal law within their jurisdictions. I have to admit that those kinds of statements restore my faith in our local governments.
    Where do the Texas Rangers fit into all of that? I thought they were the baddest of all Sheriffs in Texas with a broad jurishdiction!

Banned

Rangers are usually selected from within the ranks of the Department of Public Safety (state police). There have been some interesting characters in the history of the group. Today most members of the organization have established themselves with superior performance during their law enforcement careers prior to being selected as a Texas Ranger. They do have statewide jurisdiction, whereas a sheriff's jurisdiction is limited to the county in which he or she is elected. But in their own county, the sheriff is da big cheese.

great video thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron View Post
    Rangers are usually selected from within the ranks of the Department of Public Safety (state police). There have been some interesting characters in the history of the group. Today most members of the organization have established themselves with superior performance during their law enforcement careers prior to being selected as a Texas Ranger. They do have statewide jurisdiction, whereas a sheriff's jurisdiction is limited to the county in which he or she is elected. But in their own county, the sheriff is da big cheese.

Foolish me, I thought they were selected for their baseball prowess.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Look out Sheriff!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/law-wo...rticle/2525518

Seems Colorado has bitten off more than it can chew!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...new-gun-laws/#

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin