Thread: Lady Luck strikes again!

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Default Lady Luck strikes again!

Attended a Ducks Unlimited Sponser Banquet last night and Lady Luck was with me!. Won the DU Gun of the Year - A Remington Model 700 SS in 270 Win with a 3-9X scope. Since I already have a 270, I plan to trade this in on a 243 Win Youth package ( rifle with scope). My three grand daughters are chomping at the bit to go deer and bear hunting. The oldest, who is ten, will be going out in the early youth season in September and during the regular season in November. A 243 Win has very little recoil and they are not big girls yet, so this works out just fine.

Congrats...That's always a thrill.
    Is it a DU edition rifle?....sometime the supplied is too eager to trade.

Our dinner is next Wed the 20th. and as a Committee member I will be working the gun boards (I don't even buy tickets for these...LOL and LOTS of tickets sold).
    DD shoots a .243 and does real well....I like the round....and have a barrel for the Handi Rifle.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Congrats! The only thing I've ever won was one coffee cup. I learned early not to gamble!

I never win stuff. I guess I just don't have a good drawin' face. Must have a tell or something. Anywhoo...congrats. Nice weapon.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

hunter63, Yes it is a DU Edition rifle with logo on the stock. Gun of the Year, if you look in the committee merchandise booklet. I too am a committee member - Copper Country Chapter, Michigan. Our banquet is May 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Professor View Post
    hunter63, Yes it is a DU Edition rifle with logo on the stock. Gun of the Year, if you look in the committee merchandise booklet. I too am a committee member - Copper Country Chapter, Michigan. Our banquet is May 5th.
    I just looked it up, nice rifle....

What I am saying is.....The place that "receives" our DU guns does it for a small fee for back ground checks and such....but as they did not "sell" us the gun....they kinda balk at giving you any kind of deal on trading in a DU marked rifle, shot gun or what ever.

Where as if its one of their "sales", and we buy quite a few, it hasn't been transferred yet, you can trade it in for mostly full value.....as it has been paid for already.

Westosha Chapter here.....western Kenosha county and surrounding area.

Good luck, and again congrats, on a great prize, ....I'm kinda looking at the Kimber .45
    Last edited by hunter63; 03-14-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: splin'

Congratulations!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well, I just got back from making the trade for a youth model. A Marlin MX7 243 Win Youth Model with a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7X and mounts ( and they are mounting the scope for free) plus two boxes of Hornady Whitetail Hunter 100 gr Interloc cartridges. Thats very close to $650 value for a rifle that cost my Ducks Unlimited committee about $750 and I only bought $40 in raffle tickets to win it. I can't wait to see my grand daughters faces when they see "their" deer rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Professor View Post
    Well, I just got back from making the trade for a youth model. A Marlin MX7 243 Win Youth Model with a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7X and mounts ( and they are mounting the scope for free) plus two boxes of Hornady Whitetail Hunter 100 gr Interloc cartridges. Thats very close to $650 value for a rifle that cost my Ducks Unlimited committee about $750 and I only bought $40 in raffle tickets to win it. I can't wait to see my grand daughters faces when they see "their" deer rifle!
    Now that is an excellent trade, my friend, and a nice rifle.....you have done well.....Congrats again.

I'll bet you will have to come up with a second rifle soon....LOL.

Wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer, it's just that the local Gander Mountain, screwed my BIL on a White Onyx gun of the year trade in....only gave hims about $300 bucks on a $1000 buck shot gun. ....
    But then again, that's here, not there.

Good for you. Every time Lady Luck comes my way its just to slap me around.
    Dave

Face Fear With Knowledge

fear: is defined as an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat

Knowledge: is defined as (i) expertise, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject