Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeping bag alternate

Quote Originally Posted by thefemalesurvivalist View Post
    What ever you take, make sure it will dry fast. If you're under a tarp and your Blankey gets wet, thats a lot of weight to haul out. A snythetic blend is great, feels good to the skin and drys fast, ultralight. Some people use the silk bag liners you can get at Campmore. They pack down small, means you don't need a huge pack to carry light summer gear. Weight is always a consideration. The lighter your gear, the more beer you can carry.

Use this same liner in the spring and fall to boost your bag reading by 10 degrees.
    I like the way you think.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Instead of beer a little blackberry brandy goes a long ways.

I have a bunch of those blanket pins. I think they came from years back when hunting licenses were pinned to the back of a hunting coat.

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    Instead of beer a little blackberry brandy goes a long ways.

I have a bunch of those blanket pins. I think they came from years back when hunting licenses were pinned to the back of a hunting coat.
    They still are in Wisconsin....and yeah, the plastic holders get nasty and break, but I keep the pins....do have a couple of brass pins though.
    Just a comment on emergency blankets and such.......something like that may keep you alive, but most likely not be a pleasant experience.
    Personally, I usually am outside living, not surviving, and perfer to be as comfortable as possible.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Here the licenses are kept in a billfold or some such place. That way the DNR can stop you and give you the once over, that's all I'm going to say about that.

Thanks, everybody!
    I chose my user name before I realized that to be considered a 'prepper' I needed to have more than three days of food/water on hand. Sorry for any confusion.

I still am diggin the smilies, though. This is my favorite.