Thread: 4 laws out of committee

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default 4 laws out of committee

The 4 primary GC laws are scheduled to come out of Senate committee today.

If you have not contacted you Senator and Reps now might be the time to take care of that little detail.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Good reminder! Write, call, email. Git-R-Done!!!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yep, we've been fighting for our lives here in Colorado for the last few weeks. Big vote in the state senate tomorrow. I just sent off my last e-mail to a senator on the fence, so I guess it's time to resume going after my US rep and senators. One senator in my state is hopeless, but the other has a decent chance of doing the right thing, despite his party affiliation.
    I'll rest when I'm dead...

Here's one that was introduced by one individual in Florida yesterday.....requiring anger management classes to buy ammunition http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_...ement-for-ammo

While I don't expect it to go anywhere it just goes to show - not only the stupidity of some legislators, but also the relentless nature of them. If it is an issue that concerns you, than you cannot let your guard down.

As a child in school we had regular air raid drills where we all dove under our desks to protect ourselves from the flying glass. The fear of the day was the treat of nuclear war from the "Evil Soviets". Sad really that the threat today is from the people that we elected.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Why that dirty...I ought to call her and give a piece of my mind. You just wait......

If it wasn't so dangerous to have legislation like that submitted it would be laughable. Perhaps she should have to take a DUI class each time she wants to buy a car.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There are alot of things that are sad right now from our govment, not just the GC stuff. How about the overly large purchase of ammo by the homeland security? What about the homeland security monitoring and archiving social media? Or even Sen Feinstein pushing for more strict monitoring of the social media? All time high taxes? High unemployment rate? Dropped property values? The aggreement with Canada that allows their army to come into the US for "emergencies"? Korea threatening attack? Mayor Bloomberg and his soda rationing? Schools and their attempt to control and regulate parents? And there is soooooo much more.

What do you think the peoples response to this would have been 200 years ago?

I agree we should be contacting our officials, but that does tend to p!$$ me off when I get a "pre-written" response that pretty much tells me that the elected official knows better than myself what is good for me.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I did. You can guess which ones told me that they knew what was best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Good reminder! Write, call, email. Git-R-Done!!!!
    Been there and don that a long time ago.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

The government is doing stupid things to cover up for their inability to do anyhting sensible that really works and makes things better. I think it can only go down hill from here! Absolutely no consideration is given by the government that they work for the people!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    The government is doing stupid things to cover up for their inability to do anyhting sensible that really works and makes things better. I think it can only go down hill from here! Absolutely no consideration is given by the government that they work for the people!
    I had a big history lesson here, but I deleted it.

Lets just say there is quite a jump from "Government of the people, by the people and for the people" all the way too "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill".
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?