Thread: Hello! from Milton, TN

Default Hello! from Milton, TN

Hi there! New to the forum--looks cool--looking forward to learning new stuff. We live on a 20 acre farm and have plans for home gardening, maybe some chickens... we're growing grapes. I also do a lot of paracord things; I sell the bracelets, key chains, pet collars, and toys at the Lascassas Volunteer Firefighter fish fry every second Saturday. I give the firefighters half the proceeds. Howdy!

My Approximate Age: 46

My Gender: Female

My Geographic Location: 20 acre farm in Milton, TN, USA

My Occupation: currently, homemaker. Was information systems analyst, programmer, epidemiologist.

My Prior Relevant Training: Took JROTC through high school and 2 years SROTC; first aid training was my favorite, although weapons safety and marksmanship were also cool to learn.

The Nature of My Prior Experience: I have camped out some over the years but that's about it.

My Level of Experience: Novice, I'd say.

My Preparedness Planning: Learning and gearing up.

My Interests and Hobbies: gardening, cooking, preserving, firearms, backpacking, plant identification, paracord skills. Reading and writing about things.

My Membership and Learning Objectives: I want to learn more about country living, food preparation and storage, small farming skills, paracord skills, and hiking.

Hunter63, saying Hey and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Hi there Hunter63!

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hi! I'm new as well. This place looks pretty promising

Howdy from Colorado.
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

Hello to Crashdive123, Rick and Lothar! It does look very interesting! I learned a lot from my Dad about outdoors stuff, but it was during me being a typical bean-head teenager, so most of it probably went in one ear and out the other! LOL

Oh, and Hi to Stiffy from Colorado!

hi and yes this is a great place

Howdy old2531 from Tehachapi, California! (That's an interesting town name...)

Welcome! Cute avatar.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by MishMish3000 View Post
    Hi there! New to the forum--looks cool--looking forward to learning new stuff. We live on a 20 acre farm and have plans for home gardening, maybe some chickens... we're growing grapes. I also do a lot of paracord things; I sell the bracelets, key chains, pet collars, and toys at the Lascassas Volunteer Firefighter fish fry every second Saturday. I give the firefighters half the proceeds. Howdy!

Is Manuel's still open?

I lived about 2 miles down Halls Hill Pike from Milton, but had a Milton zip code, for ten years. I left the farm in 2001. Moved over to Beech Grove near Hoodoo. I am a migrant to KY now. Still have two kids down your way.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Nope, sad to say, kyratshooter, Manuel's closed. They're trying to sell the building now... it's been on the market for awhile. There is a new Cajun place over in Franklin that we've heard about--papa-boudreauxs-cajun-cafe is the name of the place. If you go to the TN Home and Farm site, they have a review of the place. Haven't been over there yet. We like going to O'Possum's here in Murfreesboro, and Toot's is still around, as is Buster's and Demo's.

It's always amazing to talk with people in Murfreesboro or Nashville who have no idea where Milton is, or Lascassas... or most of the small farming communities around them!

Thanks, cowgirlup! That's a photo of my cat, MishMish... one of four cats we have (not counting Earl, the outdoors gentleman cat who has taken up residence in the carport/shed).