Thread: On tonight.

Blog Entries

Cool On tonight.

Looks interesting:

National Geographic: Are You Tougher Than A Boy Scout?

Are You Tougher than a Boy Scout?
    Episode: Canoe Jousting
    NEW
    S01, E01

Mark, John, and Dan, former boy scouts who never made it to ''Eagle''
    rank, compete in outdoor challenges testing their orienteering,
    lifesaving, shooting, pioneering, climbing and canoeing abilities.

Monday Night at 7:00 p.m......
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I DVRd it and watched the first part with my kids. It was a fun reality show and interesting. It was late so we only watched the first elimination. As an Eagle Scout myself I am rooting for the scouts to win!
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling

I loved it! The adults were stronger but the kids had more endurance. Those kids looked tough.

Finished watching it last night with the kids and the first thing my son said was, "Dad can we watch it next week?" I found it very interesting. I was impressed with the scouts and the adult who won. He didn't give up and was determined.
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I watched the premiere Monday night and enjoyed it very much. As a Boy Scout and 20 year adult leader, I believe this show could be one of the best promotions of scouting I've seen in a long time. The boys did a great job, looking forward to the next episode.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Blog Entries

Cool Tonight's episode...

Two things I really liked on tonight's episode: The "10 Essentils discussion," and the display of the "Scout spirit" where the scouts aided the adult in his endeavor to compete. super-cool! .....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Yes!

Unlike most reality T.V. the scouts are eliminating the weakest competition first and taking on the biggest competition the final round. It is a strategy that is different than Survivor or some of the other shows where the strategy is often to eliminate the greatest threat to winning. Next week two of the adults taking on the Boy Scouts are Eagle Scouts also. The preview did not look good though as it looked like two of the competitors were not in very good physical condition.