Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weather Radios

The programming feature is great. The only drawback for where I live (not really a drawback - just a reeeeeeeal early or late warning depending on their direction) is that I get all of the marine warnings too.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I use my Icom m-72 marine handheld for a weather radio when I am on the water or even at home or work, when I expect severe weather. It gets updates as soon as NOAA issues them. Ofcourse you will here everything in the area but it is worth it. Also, we get severe weather alerts on our Fire Department radio like spotted tarnadoes or hail, as soon as 911 recieves the info from EOC.
    Last edited by catfish10101; 04-13-2008 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    In the area that I live in (and probably many of you) they really are a must. Damaging weather can come upon us all very quickly. I have one in our bedroom that works great (sometimes too great). My crank radios also have weather bands with alert capabilities. Does anybody use the smaller ones (about the size of a small walkie talkie) when out trekking? Does the length of your stay affect your decision?
    I have a little, yellow, waterproof one that's a little bit bigger than the old Motorola StarTac cell phones. I also have a battery/"crank" version with a AM/FM and LED lighting. Then I have a VHF police and fire radio in my personal truck. Additionally, we have one in our office, and I have weather bands programmed into the VHF in my patrol vehicle and walkie talkies.

My CB radio in my truck has a weather band, constant updates. I am never to far from the truck to go and check.