Thread: Paracord Gear Kits

Cool Paracord Gear Kits

I always bring 1ooft of 550 paracord with me as i enter the woods.I also include hooks,weights,and lighters in my pack.

An introduction would be nice http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions otherwise people may think you came here just to spam the site with your paracord products.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Do you bring it back out with you?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Is it just me, or do other people find paracord to be a tad on the light side for some of the work I want my rope to do in the woods? That being said, I don't have a specific alternative, but I tend to prefer thicker gauge ropes, be they synthetic or natural fiber, as I've enjoyed my experiences with them more. Of course, it sure is better than nothing. I'd like to get some more paracord soon to replace the rope in my EDC, since I used it recently on a yardwork project and it hasn't been the same since it got dragged through the mud.
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

Paracord and bank line for their size and weight are very handy. Some tasks require a good sturdy rope, but the other two work for me for most outdoorsy tasks.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I developed a trick with para cord and draw string ties I hope you find as handy as I have. I don't type much any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQjHUA9Efk
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 02-28-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    I developed a trick with para cord and draw string ties I hope you find as handy as I have. I don't type much any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQjHUA9Efk
    Good stuff here.......I guess i gonna have to find a source for bulk fasteners.
    Great idea.....Thanks
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I find them in packages with about 1/2 a dozen for just a couple bucks at REI and Sportsman Warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    I find them in packages with about 1/2 a dozen for just a couple bucks at REI and Sportsman Warehouse.
    Thanks.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

This source of the various cord locks might be worth looking at. http://www.usalanyards.com/cord-locks.aspx I have not used them before, so buyer beware.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel