Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wal mart ammo policy

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    You did not see this comming?????

What sand dune have you had your head burried in Rick!

Anyone that has any political awareness was certain of what would happen. The man said he was going to do this. Everyone I shoot with anticipated this and was prepared for it.

I have been putting off any nonessentual purchase for the past four years to buy as many firearms as possible before this happened.

I ordered a lifetime supply of reloading componants the day after the election.

I Went on an ammo buying rampage for the next month and the day of the "incident" 5,000 rounds were delivered to my door.

Unseen and unexpected my sweet patudie!
    Rick was just saying that everything was back to normal and nobody saw the school shooting coming because before that, everything was available. Nobody has or will outlaw ammo so it will return just like it did last time.
    Judging by the shopping spree you told us about, you may be the reason for the ammo shortage

we seem to be having a supply glitch as well ... went looking for more .22 cal and found only two bricks at the local canadian Tire Store .. Price is still ok tho .. 1000 rounds is $51 tax included !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

I think my local Wall Marts policy on ammo is, call your friends before you stock the ammo case, wait until they get there, stock the case so they can buy it all as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I think my local Wall Marts policy on ammo is, call your friends before you stock the ammo case, wait until they get there, stock the case so they can buy it all as soon as possible!
    Good reason to get on a first name basis with the sporting goods manager!
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffy View Post
    Good reason to get on a first name basis with the sporting goods manager!
    I have tried, but I think they are used to that and already have their set of ammo hording friends

Actually, my tactic is to stand in line, and when I whiff out, I just smile, tell the manager "thanks anyway, maybe next time," and just wear him out with kindness. I don't really know if it makes a difference, but it's better than yelling at him and threatening to file a complaint (I saw an angry customer actually do that a couple of weeks ago -- it wasn't pretty).
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

Some Walmarts in my area keep ammo under the counter or in the cage in the back where the guns are locked up. If you look in the display case there is nothing but shotgun shells and most folks see their ammo is not there and leave. But if you ask the person in charge they either know whats in the back or under the counter or can check for you. Scored some 30-30 rounds today by asking if they had any.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Rick was just saying that everything was back to normal and nobody saw the school shooting coming because before that, everything was available. Nobody has or will outlaw ammo so it will return just like it did last time.
    Judging by the shopping spree you told us about, you may be the reason for the ammo shortage

There was plenty of ammo until the day after mine was delivered! The shelves were drooping from tons of .22 and folk were spraying 9mm, 7.62x39 and 5.56 nonstop.

My local Waly World has planty of everything except what the "survival experts" tell you to depend on to insure eternal supply.

Plenty of .270/06/7mm/.243 and 30-30 for your rifles and lots of .44mag/357 mag and .38spl for your belt guns. Plenty of shotgun ammo in any guage you desire. 1/2 case lots of game loads are still $25.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Around here wally world has a 3 box limit, and hand gun and rifle ammo is behind counter locked in the cabinet were you can not see, you have to ask an associate.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman6660 View Post
    we seem to be having a supply glitch as well ... went looking for more .22 cal and found only two bricks at the local canadian Tire Store .. Price is still ok tho .. 1000 rounds is $51 tax included !
    Is that your normal price? Before the latest broohaha I was paying under $20 for a brick. IIRC Walmart was $13.95.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I was buying CCI Blazer for $15 a brick. I never bought Wallyworld bulk.

Minimags were $7 per 100.

I found a .22 shell in the gunsafe tonight.

It's for sale, $5 and you pay the shipping for anyone that wants it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Is that your normal price? Before the latest broohaha I was paying under $20 for a brick. IIRC Walmart was $13.95.
    I believe he's Canadian. Probably different prices up there. Prices at my local WM have actually dropped a bit. Two nights ago they had half a dozen sealed 500 round tins of TulAmmo 5.56 for $136 each. Hell, that would have been a great price when Obama was still at Harvard! I bought a 100 round box of WWB for $21, too. Finding what I want is a crap shoot but even 9mm is getting a little better. It's .22 ammo that's the scarcest but I have probably 10,000 rounds on hand anyways.

I was cruising through the local wally world, so just swung thru the sporting goods......Ammo cabinet pretty empty....one box of Winchester 36 gr HP Silver box.
    Price was $3.79 cents.....so pricing was not to high, but only had the one box....so i bought it......(y'all paranoia is catching.....and I think that's what this is?).

Anyway was looking at the box, ...Winchester Silver box ammo generally has a picture of the game it's supposed to be used on.... on the box as well as a statement ""This ammo suitable for small game"....with a picture of a squirrel......Talk about the Dumbing down of the populous.

Now at the point, I thought, why not say?..."Anything on the planet, it's all about shot placement" while laughing hysterically to my self.
    As you may have guessed, I'm easily enterained
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

.......and the announcement over the store's public address system was heard by all.....

Security to sporting goods.
    We have an unstable man with a full box of bear killing ammunition!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I was cruising through the local wally world, so just swung thru the sporting goods......Ammo cabinet pretty empty....one box of Winchester 36 gr HP Silver box.
    Price was $3.79 cents.....so pricing was not to high, but only had the one box....so i bought it......(y'all paranoia is catching.....and I think that's what this is?).

Anyway was looking at the box, ...Winchester Silver box ammo generally has a picture of the game it's supposed to be used on.... on the box as well as a statement ""This ammo suitable for small game"....with a picture of a squirrel......Talk about the Dumbing down of the populous.

Now at the point, I thought, why not say?..."Anything on the planet, it's all about shot placement" while laughing hysterically to my self.
    As you may have guessed, I'm easily enterained
    Now you went and done did it.......that got me chucklin' too

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    .......and the announcement over the store's public address system was heard by all.....

We have an unstable man with a full box of bear killing ammunition!
    Well, I'm surprised they even let me in after the fitting room "incident".....Don't go in one, then yell out, "Hey, there isn't any toliet paper in here".
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

No problem with ammo at my local Walmart. No line or limits either. I generally do not buy ammunition at Walmart, but if I see a good price I will pick some up.

Some Walmarts have a fellow that skimms half of the ammo in demand and buys it after getting off work,then resells it either to a gunshop or online ! I know of a few that were fired for that,then the scalpers that just cant help buying ammo to make a profit( remember how fast 7.62x25 Tokarev surplus dried up) It still shows up online at a unreal price! I got plenty of 22 LR HP and wanted some solids but can wait till this blows over,Bought bullet moulds ,scrounged wheelweights ,bought a Lee 4-20 lead pot,stocked up on primers and powder,I am good for the rest of my life ! Planning is all I got to say, still have 7.62x39 ammo that cost me $40.00 for 500rds the 150gr softpoints were a bit higher sealed them in ammo cans and also stocked up on once fired brass for all my centerfires . I have been doing this for 15 yrs or longer saveing ammo you got to be prepared is all I got to say !I am not going to pay 200 dollars for 1000rds of 22 LR for shure !
    Quote Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
    Some Walmarts in my area keep ammo under the counter or in the cage in the back where the guns are locked up. If you look in the display case there is nothing but shotgun shells and most folks see their ammo is not there and leave. But if you ask the person in charge they either know whats in the back or under the counter or can check for you. Scored some 30-30 rounds today by asking if they had any.