Thread: AILCE Fastex Buckle Problem

Default AILCE Fastex Buckle Problem

Okay, Last week I got a new ALICE and it seems like it will make a pretty good bag for me. I am having an issue with the fastex buckle for the waist strap though. I cinch the strap and walk about 15ft and the strap starts becoming loose. The worst part is that I don't even have gear in the bag yet! So has anyone else had this issue? What can be done to correct it?
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

When I had an ALICE, it didn't have a fastex buckle, so I don't know. However, the new MOLLE buckle is amazing. In fact, when I decided to make my own, I bought that same buckle. Here is where I bought mine from. You have to buy at least 4, but they are awesome, and you can put an extra in your pack in case the main ones breaks.

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...3&ParentCat=30

I guess I should tell you why I like these. They are the only buckle that I have seen that has a locking feature on the straps. It basically locks the straps to a certain position, even when there is no tension on it. I might even switch these out with other packs I have.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

It sounds like the belt might be threaded through the buckle incorrectly. They can be a pain to figure out sometimes. Do a googlefu for a ladder lock buckle. You should come up with a bunch of how to's and youtubies that show you had to thread the belt through. That's what I'd look at first.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks guys. I played around with the buckle a bit today. I think I got it figured out. It seems that one piece was on backwards so as not to hold the strap properly.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I don't know who designed the ladder lock buckle but I'd like to give him or her a dozen and make them try to thread the darn things. They go on 20 different ways and only hold one way. I won't even go into the hong with the ladder lock buckle but it was embarrassing.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The same diabolical mad scientist designed the battery hold downs on the boat,... the ones down in the well,...... that you have to kneel on a aluminum bulkhead to work on.....Have been changed out with ratchet straps.....
    A Pox on who ever.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27