Thread: My Grand daughter and her 22

Default My Grand daughter and her 22

She moved in with us last month and doing well now. Found this old Marlin model 81 22 cal. at a little gun shop I frequent. It was painted black and dirty. She sanded the stock down to bare wood and did an oil rub.

Here she is shooting out back with here Papa.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free

That is cool Dennis! My daughter is 18 and she wants to learn to shoot. I think it is important for young people to learn to shoot, and learn to respect firearms. The more young people that shoot, the more people we will have in the future to fight for our rights to bear arms!

That pegs my "Cool Meter", good job!

EB

Excellent!!!!!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thats great man. got my grandson his first BB gun this yr. another yr or so he'll get his first .22

That's very good of you to get her her own gun. And I am impressed that she got it in shape. Continued blessings with the young lady, you are making a diference in her life.
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Blog Entries

Cool Yeah, well....

I can just hear it now: "Grandpaw, can you get me a few boxes of hollow points for Christmas?"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Good job! Time to take her hunting too!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

That is fantastic! Glad to see another one in the "young" category picking up shooting!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The younger the better! I volunteer as an assistant coach for the youth-rifle club I was raised in, and I've seen some very impressive shooting from the youngsters. I think it's like learning languages: you can do it at any age, but if you start young, it will stick better. I've seen children as young as 9 responsibly and safely using their rifles, and often out-shooting adults. The most interesting thing is this: in the 23 years the youth club has met at that range, not a single kid has put a bullet through the roof (it's an indoor range). The adults who meet there during the rest of the week have a FAR shabbier track-record.

I think it's great for a ton of reasons, good to see someone get into shooting while they are young. I know it helped me learn discipline that made me a better driver, student, and overall person. Good stuff!

PS: I want one of those rifles.... marlins are yummy.
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

Blog Entries

Yup, it's good to get em' young. Quality time with young people is never time wasted.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Good for you, Dennis. That's something she will remember forever.

I've taught my kids and now my grand kids on gun safety and take them to the range often. I got my youngest grand son a present last year. He was 5 at the time. I told him it was something he'd been asking for. His reply, "Bullets?". I may have gone too far with the training.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

First gun, how nice.

Nice job!

My Granddaughters are too young to shoot yet. But, I taught their mothers and will teach them some day.

Santa brought one of my 11 year old grandsons a 10-22 for Christmas. His Dad, a former Marine, is teaching him to shoot. I'm just waiting for his twin brother to give up wanting a guitar for his own 22.