Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel Snare Issues

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Yep. Tastes a little squirrely though.
    ya but with a little wild chicken tast too

Sounds like improper sets. The wire can be small if placed properly, I use telephone wire. Just one strand. The noose needs to be small enough to catch the head but not allow the body through. Then should be set as to make the critter twitch and fall. Death by strangulation or neck breaking. The nice thing about the phone wire, once tight, it's too tight for them to get their grubby little paws on. I used peanut butter in a homemade "live trap" for 2 flying squirrels in my house. Just be sure to use welding gloves or at least real thick letter if you need to grab them or you'll be getting rabies shots!

Do you remove the insulation? And do you prefer red, green or yellow? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Do you remove the insulation? And do you prefer red, green or yellow? Inquiring minds want to know.
    So is white neutral?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Now you're into cable.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

No, No, No

Black is hot!
    white is neutral!
    green is ground!

Oh, sorry that is Romex and not telephone wire.

BTW, what is telephone wire?

MY phone goes into my pocket and has no wires!!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You kids. Why I remember back in the day when a mobile phone let you walk all of five feet.

DOn't pick too much on them... they not know what they do...
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You kids. Why I remember back in the day when a mobile phone let you walk all of five feet.
    The day my dad added the 20 ft cord to the rotary phone on the wall in the kitchen......let's just say my Mom was a happy woman. I think she said something about roaming.......of course, that has a whole different meaning today.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, till that long cord wiped the coffee cup off the counter.......................

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    No, No, No

Black is hot!
    white is neutral!
    green is ground!

Oh, sorry that is Romex and not telephone wire.

BTW, what is telephone wire?

MY phone goes into my pocket and has no wires!!
    Black is the ungrounded conductor and if it is getting hot call an electrician.

White is the grounded conductor and is only neutral when all ungrounded conductors have been opened.

Green is the equipment grounding conductor.

My first cell phone was an Ericson flip phone that was also the smallest phone I have ever had. My newest phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Which is 4 or 5 times larger. I guess it is lucky that my pant size has somehow increased to accommodate. LOL Evolution.

You guys don't know beans. Red is ring, Green is tip and Yellow is ground but generally not used or used as a control lead. Always remember Right, Ridged, Ring and you won't go wrong.

which one is the bond?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    So is white neutral?
    We talking 115v? Or 208v? Oh boy. I hope I didn't just through a wrench into this discussion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't EVER !! Trust the colors. Trust your meter

grab a hold of it and if you don't get a "poke" it is neutral.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

208/220 two black or red.....green neutral......

The small phone or even control wire is soft, so if a snare is made with it, will kink and lock up.....can be spun or twisted off when used for rabbits....so a fishing swivel added line in, will help.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    208/220 two black or red.....green neutral......

The small phone or even control wire is soft, so if a snare is made with it, will kink and lock up.....can be spun or twisted off when used for rabbits....so a fishing swivel added line in, will help.
    If it was wired by a professional those colors may apply. It's to easy for joe home owner to connect a white to a hot. DONT trust colors.

Salt water toothy fish 160lb test steel leader, same size as 8lb mono filiment. Forms perfect circles for snares

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    grab a hold of it and if you don't get a "poke" it is neutral.
    Or. You may not be grounded. If you got a good pair of boots on you could stick a hot wire right in your mouth and not get shocked. Then you touch a fixture or wall and BAM!

very often a piece of 10-2 romex will be run to a 240 volt water heater.