Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who uses a straight razor?

I've never owned a proper straight before. Bought one of those shavette things made by dovo which you can use with a double edge blades snapped in half but wasn't really that impressed. Currently using a merkur 38 every two days and its been fantastic. Absolutely no razor burn and the blades are cheap, around 15 pence each.
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

I can see learning to use and maintain a straight razor. My pet peeve is that it is very difficult now (at least where I live) to find regular double edge razor blades and the holders for them. The double edge razor blades are compact, easy to pack for travelling, and cheap. You can also sharpen them inside a ceramic coffee cup and reuse them. Unfortunately, most US drugstores only seem to stock expensive, complicated razor cartridges.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    I can see learning to use and maintain a straight razor. My pet peeve is that it is very difficult now (at least where I live) to find regular double edge razor blades and the holders for them. The double edge razor blades are compact, easy to pack for travelling, and cheap. You can also sharpen them inside a ceramic coffee cup and reuse them. Unfortunately, most US drugstores only seem to stock expensive, complicated razor cartridges.
    I bought my Merkur razor and blades through Amazon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

30 years ago I can remember watching my grandpap shave with a straight razor when I was 16 and he was 90. he still did a pretty good job back then.

As far as I know that's all he ever used as he was born in 1893. My dad told me that grandpap never shaved himself until he went to the army in 1917 and had to do it himself.

Up until then he went to the barber for a shave. I guess it must not have cost that much as he never made a lot of money but I'm sure you could stretch a dollar more back then.

Default buy electric scooter now

Among the products listed on the site, which one is the best?

More Spammy Little Morons........
    Last edited by Rick; 06-02-2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Removed Link

The best? Why, that would be the Ban Hammer!!!!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Blog Entries

Rick has spoken.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel