Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Apology to All of You

Default My Apology to All of You

Folks,

The Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy really got to me, in a way that nothing else has done before. As a result I have been extremely upset/angry, to the point that I have said some things on this Forum that perhaps I should not have said. The technical term is "displaced emotion" -- there being no more suitable target, I dumped them on y'all. Please understand that my problem hasn't anything to do with any of you.

Please accept my sincere apology. I'm voluntarily withdrawing from these boards.

-- Nighteyes

Daniel,

I think a lot of people share your emotions on the sandy hook incident, I dont think you making your feelings or opinions known was taken as a personal attack on any one person.
    I hope you reconsidered your decision to leave the boards.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Default There is nothing to apologize for, Nighteyes.

Having an opinion that differs from others shouldn't warrant an apology, it ought to be welcome.
    We all say things from time to time that we might have wanted to paraphrase later but as long as one is respectful (you were) that's all that matters.
    Please reconsider and don't be so tough on yourself.

Blog Entries

Cool Yeah, well....

I'm perfect, I never do anything that could be considered wrong or bad....NOT! The good things that you've brought really outweigh the other stuff, we're all only human...except for Rick of course. Look at that Hong for crying out loud! NO! I misspoke! DON'T look at that hong! See what I mean. Please stick around Daniel, I've always enjoyed your posts!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I'm perfect, I never do anything that could be considered wrong or bad....NOT! The good things that you've brought really outweigh the other stuff, we're all only human...except for Rick of course. Look at that Hong for crying out loud! NO! I misspoke! DON'T look at that hong! See what I mean. Please stick around Daniel, I've always enjoyed your posts!
    I agree with sarge. While I don't post much anymore I enjoy reading what others are posting Yours are good posts please don't go.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

I agree there is no need for you to leave, maybe just take a little time away. Seems like your back on track now. I have been guilty of the same thing with friends and others since sandy hook. your not alone there

Daniel, Stick around. I look forword to your posts. Please reconsider.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Indeed, nothing to appologize for. Even if your opinion was flat out wrong, you're entitled to it, (opinions are never wrong though, that's why they're called opinions, not facts) and I'd never want you to feel bad for expressing something contrary to what some of us might feel. I felt no personal attack from you at all, and I truly appreciate your input. I hope you stay with the boards.
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

I feel you have expressed your opinions in a very respectful manner, despite the emotions you are describing now. I wish I could do as well.

Some times we have differing opinions and it isn't possible to remain completely non-political. The Sandy Hook incident has sent the whole country on both an emotional and a political jag. Survivalists or preppers are almost all gun owners. I know it is hard to take a position such as you did on a forum full of gun owners.

If you feel an apology is due, then let me offer mine to you.

Blog Entries

Cool Ahem!

I have a friend who is a Pastor with Jesus People USA in Chicago, a widely know musician all over the world, and a public speaker as well. His name is Glenn Kaiser and for years he was the lead guirtar player and, along with his wife, Wendy, was a vocalist for "The Resurrection Band!"(REZ) I'm quoting Glenn now from something he said at one of his leadership seminars at the Cornerstone Music Festival some years back: "It's alright if you don't agree with me, as a matter of fact, I don't want you to agree with me just to be agreeing with me...I want friends...not clones!" I've never forgotten that.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Dan, hope you'll reconsider leaving the board. You offer lot of good information and comraderie (sp).

You felt you needed to apologize. And you did. It's over.

Stick around. We need a variety of opinions on this forum.
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

Nighteyes, nothing you said has offended me. I may not have agreed with all you said, but never offended and certainly nothing worth apologizing for and pressing the ban button on yourself over. I do appreciate your convictions and opinions. I look forward to your insight in the future.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I don't recall you posting anything in any way offensive. And if you did, you've taken responsibility and apologized. We need people with that kind of maturity and courage. Please don't leave.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Now folks, if Daniel is gone then he is gone.

If he is still logging in to read these posts he is not gone and just waiting for everyone to beg him to return.

If he did say something that offended someone to the point that he feels the need to leave, then claiming he did not and begging him to stay is giving him permission to continue that behavior.

Stopping that behavior and continuing the normal communication would be the normal action. I have been given that option here and in other places several times. (those "Knock it off" posts by the mods come to mind) That course was not chosen.

On several forums I have packed up my marbles and gone home, but not because I was wrong. I did not consider the company worth keeping my opinions to myself. In most cases I never logged into that forum again. I value the association with this group, so I keep quiet many times, if you can believe that! (the repressed behavier is usually redirected at the first troll or ROTTW thread)

Is it that ones ideas offend, or that the ideas of others are offensive?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 02-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

funny... i got banned from a forum after speaking my mind.....wonder if that'll happen here!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by dragon383 View Post
    funny... i got banned from a forum after speaking my mind.....wonder if that'll happen here!
    If can and it does.

There are a large number of folk that never reach the 100 post mark because they do not take the rules and the warnings of the mods seriously.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

well, i wasnt rude, nor did I cuss anyone out. i mearly typed what I felt about someones posting.... no warning or nothing

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you mentioned it...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon383 View Post
    well, i wasnt rude, nor did I cuss anyone out. i mearly typed what I felt about someones posting.... no warning or nothing
    We don't mind you typing your feelings out on another's post, but we don't allow "flaming." If I come across a post that's derogatory to another member then I delete the post and warn the offender via PM. If it continues, or the offender gets diarrhea of the word processor towards me then kiss him/her good-bye! Remeber that it's okay to disagree, but not in a rude, profane manner!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Well Danial, I guess it is, what it is.......was fun for the duration, and am still happy with the Handi, my friend....
    keep you nose to the wind, and your powder dry.......
    May see you around somewhere
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27