Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hot sauce and survival uses

I made a pot of chili to take to share at work one day and put one drop of “Mad Dog 357” in it and it added a nice amount of heat to it. Everyone agreed it was really good but one of the Hispanic women said it was too hot for her but she just couldn’t stop eating it.

My favorite hot sauce is chipotle Tabasco sauce. And I don’t get the high following of sriracha. I like the garlic chili sauce so much better.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Keep in mind.......there is no such thing as a controled burn. Prescribed burn, yes. Controlled burn....not so much. Sometimes Mother Nature really shows who is in "control".
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Keep in mind.......there is no such thing as a controled burn. Prescribed burn, yes. Controlled burn....not so much. Sometimes Mother Nature really shows who is in "control".
    Mother Nature is quite adept at showing she is in control.

Although your definition is entirely correct, there is a difference between a controlled burn and a prescribed burn.

Prescribed burns are fires deliberately started and maintained by private parties, NGOs, tribal, local, state, and federal officials for the purpose of land management. These fires are started in specific, pre-determined locations and carefully controlled, so they do not cause harm to people, animals, and property.

You may have heard the term “controlled burn” before and think that it is the same thing. However, prescribed burns are different from controlled burns in that they must adhere to specific weather conditions, soil moisture, terrain, labor and equipment, ignition procedures, contingency plans, and more. A controlled burn is a fire that someone starts with the intention to control it, like a campfire.

A campfire can easily turn into an uncontrolled wildfire if the person who started it does not take the necessary precautions. Prescribed burns rarely become wildfires because officials carefully adhere to the parameters of their prescriptions.
    https://wfca.com/articles/the-pros-a...scribed-burns/

My complaint is when GA DNR or the National Park Service does a prescribed burn we aren't notified and we live in the Chattahoochee NF. This Spring there was a lot of smoke over a mountain. A friend who is the director of a 500 to 600 acre church camp was notified and texted me a FYI.

Not into masochism bondage, or discipline at all. I have a safistic streak that I keep packed away for special events but when I unwrap it, it's not usually consentual.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.