Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot sauce and survival uses

Quote Originally Posted by Mozartghost1791 View Post
    ...and the squirt gun idea is pure genius! Off topic but I wonder if gasoline in a squirt gun would work like a flame thrower or just explode?
    It works pretty much like a flamethrower, my friends and i have tried it. the flame catches about 2 feet in front of the nozzle, which allows it not to explode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by George Harkenrider View Post
    It works pretty much like a flamethrower, my friends and i have tried it. the flame catches about 2 feet in front of the nozzle, which allows it not to explode.

You may want to rephrase that. How about, "It works pretty much like a flamethrower, my friends and i have tried it. the flame catches about 2 feet in front of the nozzle, which allows it not to explode YET.

When it does explode - and it will eventually - just pray that you only lose a hand and not your face.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    You may want to rephrase that. How about, "It works pretty much like a flamethrower, my friends and i have tried it. the flame catches about 2 feet in front of the nozzle, which allows it not to explode YET.

When it does explode - and it will eventually - just pray that you only lose a hand and not your face.
    When a can or bottle of gas explodes it spews fire in all directions and ignites what ever it comes in contact with. someone is gonna get messed up!!! There is a reason real flame throwers have backflow prevention valves.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

You are asking for trouble putting anything petroleum based into a squirt gun....the cheapo plastic may melt and you have a hand full of dangerous mess that may set stuff on fire that you won't like..
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Here's a thought for you: One cup of gasoline vapor OR MIST has the explosive power of a stick of dynamite.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

This is what a boat looks like a split second after a spark meets gasoline vapor in the bilge.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

They observed that hot sriracha sauce goes well with spam. Trust me, I know because I'm just an idiot in my mother's basement and I know these things. True, that I am a loser, but I know my spam.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 11-29-2022 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

Another hot sauce on spam post.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Jeeze Louise, a nine year old thread to boot.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    You are asking for trouble putting anything petroleum based into a squirt gun....the cheapo plastic may melt and you have a hand full of dangerous mess that may set stuff on fire that you won't like..
    Rick,
    X2!
    The average squirt gun will melt or its inside components.

BTW, although some States (MD) bans them, the Fed doesn't require a tax stamp for a real flame thrower.

Believe it or not:
    https://vulcanflamethrowers.com/page...s-legal-to-own
    https://vulcanflamethrowers.com/coll.../flamethrowers

Quote Originally Posted by VnVet View Post
    Rick,
    X2!
    The average squirt gun will melt or its inside components.

BTW, although some States (MD) bans them, the Fed doesn't require a tax stamp for a real flame thrower.

Believe it or not:
    https://vulcanflamethrowers.com/page...s-legal-to-own
    https://vulcanflamethrowers.com/coll.../flamethrowers
    Flametrowers are legal to own and use here at brazil, but I'm getting too old to deal with these kind of nonsense. It's way better to use a firearm, a bow, an airgun, a rock, a sharp stick or even a true to god TRAP when you are at a survival situation.
    Outside of survival situations, some people use flametrowers for farming purposes.
    I own some stuff, and I know some things. But that's all.

Even when I was young, I was too old...

Even for agricultural applications, I can't see a use for a flame thrower.

Control burns, mostly. A lot of that happens down South. It gets rid of ticks and other parasites and helps conifers cast seeds.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Back when I knew everything there was to know about stuff, I decided I was going to burn two 30 acre fields to get rid of the mesquite and huisache. It worked beautifully and according to plan if not a little unnerving watching a 30’ wall of fire bear down on the fire break.

I was sure proud of myself after the first rain and the whole thing turned bright green.

But,

What had happened, in addition to killing the brush, was that the fire burned the seed coats off of every sticker burr that had fallen on the ground out there for the previous 100 years and I soon had 60 acres of sticker burrs.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 12-01-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Control burns, mostly. A lot of that happens down South. It gets rid of ticks and other parasites and helps conifers cast seeds.
    Ft Bragg does a lot of controlled burns; mainly, to burn up the pine straw on the ground to prevent serious fires.

Don't forget FT Bragg's champion chiggers. Always keep a bottle of nail polish in the medicine cabinet. A little dab will suffocate them.

Keep in mind.......there is no such thing as a controled burn. Prescribed burn, yes. Controlled burn....not so much. Sometimes Mother Nature really shows who is in "control".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yea, control is what your wife exhibits over you. Control is what we have over the remote when the wife isn't home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well this has seemed to travel far off topic, my personal niche, so guess I'll take a swing.

Chinese hot mustard is by far not the hottest heat out there, although I do love the stuff. I mix and make my own mustard using Chinese hot mustard, brown mustard, Dijon, Mustard seeds in white wine, & honey. This 'Mutt" mustard goes great on sandwiches, hot pretzels, or as a dip.

The hottest Hot Sauce that I have ever had was a screw you gift from my younger brother, an engineered Ghost Pepper sauce, (& to think they came up with even hotter sauces since then). I added a mere 4-5 drops of this sauce into a huge pot of chili and suffered for an entire week as I didn't have the heart to throw out so much food, esp. since it was chili. My ex spouse would leave the home the next day for a couple of hours so that she could breath normally.(use your imagination)

With regard to Hot sauces killing viruses, that is a false myth yep totally untrue. Japanese had it right, drinking high percentage of alcohol Sake when eating Sushi, to kill the viruses, but hot sauces just kill the stomach lining and burns the esophagus.

Incase anyone with the taste for hot sauces is reading this, may I suggest Grace's Scotch Bonnet Sauce, it has some heat (realize I drink Tabasco from the bottle), and a delicious taste and holy crap I just realized I finished my last bottle yesterday during lunch & have nothing to put on my sandwich in 40 mins.

There is a byproduct Caspian that can be used as an antiseptic, so there is that. Hmm now I got to wonder if that is why the military put those small Tabasco bottles in our MRE's.
    Last edited by Michael aka Mac; 12-02-2022 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo

I like hot sauces for the taste. If it's so hot I can't taste anything after I eat it, I don't want it. My favorite line of hot sauces is TryMe. They started in Tennessee but are now in new Orleans. I guess my favorite of the line in Yucatan Sunshine, a tamed Habanero sauce. I also like their Tiger Sauce because I have a sweet tooth.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I have never figured out the attraction of hot sauces. I've seen guys break out in a sweat eating some and talk about how good it is. If your body thinks it's on fire and you think it's good stuff there is something awry about your senses. Pain is there to teach you avoidance. I will admit to a lady with a cattle prod once but only once and that was a whole 'nuther thing. I swear every time I hear something buzz I still moo.