Thread: ammo at a pawn shop

Default ammo at a pawn shop

I stopped at a local pawn shop today and noticed they had a variety of ammo on the shelf. So I asked, mostly as a joke, if they had any .22 long rifle. The guy tells me to wait, then he goes out to a truck in a parking lot, the truck has another guy sitting in the driver's seat, and the pawn shop guy reaches into the back of the truck and grabs a metal ammo case. Back inside, he sets out a variety of .22 ammo.

It obviously wasn't new, I figured it was at least four or five years old, but the boxes were full and the ammo appeared to be clean and in good shape. He was selling for $4 per fifty rounds, $8 per hundred, didn't matter if it was CCI mini mags or Remington Thunderbolts. I figured I might as well get a couple of boxes since I hadn't seen .22 lr at Walmart for several weeks.

I guess it just doesn't hurt to ask.
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

That's a nice trick. Dear everyone: if you live in or near Seattle, there will not be any ammo available at the pawn shops by 9 AM tomorrow.

^I wish I had the cash to back that up.
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

Haha. Wouldn't it be nice?

Still, if you're feeling entrepreneurial, it might not hurt to try to source at least a little as cheap as you can and turn it over before the the availability catches up or the demand falls back down.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

If you had a problem of overstocking ammo, I guess it has been solved. :-)

Anyone with a problem of overstocking ammo, I'd be more than happy to ease your conscience for cheap.

I picked up 2 100rd boxes of CCI mini-mags for 16.32 out the door yesterday from my LGS. What's the fuss?
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I lost all my ammo in the big barn fire...)
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I lost all my ammo in the big barn fire...)
    Ooooh, I haven't heard that one before! I'd love to have seen the fireworks! (from a very long distance of course)
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

One small store owner north of here that still has 22 ammo said he was getting phone calls from other dealers all over the Eastern Seaboard asking him to ship some to them. But 9mm, .38, .357, .45 and any type of self-defense round though? Pfft. Gone. I was in my usual Saturday morning shop this morning and guys were coming in saying they were driving all around the state looking for ammo as most of the shops say on the phone they don't have any. Most of them don't, but some are saving for local customers and limiting purchases. This shop did have some 38special and some of the weirder smaller calibers. Crazy out there.

So whats everyone doing with all the high priced ammo?
    Bang...."well that was a buck and a half".....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27