Thread: Doomsday Preppers this evening

Default Doomsday Preppers this evening

The dude in Massacheusettes with the columbian fiance. Get Real: This attractive lady who he met twice comes to boston to get married and the first thing he does is a bug out drill. I bet she is back to columbia shortly.

Don't/didn't watch the show, but consider this....if she came from an area where FARC was active, she might be able to teach him about bugging out.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Don't/didn't watch the show, but consider this....if she came from an area where FARC was active, she might be able to teach him about bugging out.
    She was just a nice attractive girl and she mentioned she thought he was a little crazy

Yeah definitely a smooth cat

After watching a few episodes of Doomsday Preppers on youtube, I have come to the conclusion that the main purpose of the show is to make fun of preppers, and reassure the public that nothing bad will happen to them.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    After watching a few episodes of Doomsday Preppers on youtube, I have come to the conclusion that the main purpose of the show is to make fun of preppers, and reassure the public that nothing bad will happen to them.
    I tend to agree....watch if you want and gather up tips and ideas....but remember its TV show and should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I watched that one and personally thought the guy was out of his mind! I would have had other things to do with her and that does not include bug out drills! But I have to wonder if the show doesn't direct most of the scenario's to get the most drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I watched that one and personally thought the guy was out of his mind! I would have had other things to do with her and that does not include bug out drills! But I have to wonder if the show doesn't direct most of the scenario's to get the most drama!
    Everything seemed staged about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by letslearntogether47 View Post
    Everything seemed staged about that one.
    It's not that one. Its all TV.

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner!

I think a second purpose is to make preppers look like nut jobs so fewer people will do it and be more reliant on the government.
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling

Your 100% right. It's all a business, they gotta sell ads...

Quote Originally Posted by karatediver View Post

I think a second purpose is to make preppers look like nut jobs so fewer people will do it and be more reliant on the government.
    Well, that is kinda the same thing I was saying. I just didn't say it as well as you did.

Well, that is kinda the same thing I was saying. I just didn't say it as well as you did.
    You were just conjuring up the kinder, gentler FinallyME.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. God bless those little pygmy preppers down there in New Guinea.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by karatediver View Post

Also to sell junk gear and training to sheeple. Each and every show focuses on a prepper who is selling, or sells, some kind of prepping item. Don't believe me go ahead and watch the show count how many times they mention asinine "survival" items the jokers on the shows are making or selling.

Want to see some good survival stuff watch Alaska the final frontier, some of it is staged and what not but its the closest you will get to see homestead living on TV now adays. Also that family is immensely wealthy compared to most homesteaders in alaska. Wild flying is also interesting and shows a lot of situations where bad prep or bad luck can lead to death or a HUGE bill to get what you need in an emergency.

I haven't seen very many shows, but none of the ones I saw were selling anything. Maybe I just missed it.